Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Car Smells Like... Weed?

About two or three times a week, I'll get in my Fiesta, either to go to work or to come home, and I'm met with this super dank odour. I have no idea where it's coming from but I can smell it throughout the entire cabin right when I get in the vehicle.

It's seemingly random, and it goes away after a couple minutes of driving, but I have no idea why it keeps happening. I've been encountering this 'issue' pretty much ever since I got the car. A couple of my friends who've rode with me have confirmed that it's not just in my head, either (usually by saying something to the effect of "dude, your car smells like weed!").

Yeah yeah I know what you're thinking, but I don't smoke, and neither does anyone who's ever been in my car (to the best of my knowledge). I don't even necessarily mind it, but I am really curious to see if it's happening to anyone else and why.

I've noticed it as well haha. My car and my buddies car both had the smell, only when brand new though. It goes away.

Guys has it occured to you that our cars are built in Mexico? That should say a lot about the smell. Wont the cartels be pissed when they realize their drug mule cars have been sold tl unsuspecting Americans lol! I would be careful and check out who is knocking on your guys front doors from now on just in case. Might also wanna call the DEA just in case.

OP
2nerkid
Thread Starter #6
Lol at all of these, yeah I bought the car new, smell is not in my clothes because I only smell it every now and then when I get in my Fiesta. Like I said, I don't smoke. It's just hilarious/awkward when a buddy or coworker who isn't familiar with the phenomenon gets in and doesn't know what to say, haha.

[MENTION=405]SpooledUpST[/MENTION], in fact I have suspected something along those lines! But forrealz I know it's not the case since it only flares up 2/3 times a week and not every day, every drive. Doesn't matter still lol'd.

[MENTION=1265]MMMTRBO[/MENTION], ahh that's almost a shame. Still wonder what causes it though, maybe SpooledUpST is on to something...

Glad I am not the only one that noticed it! I am wondering if it had to do with the recycled composition of all the new plastics in the car?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Maybe part of dealer prep is taking out the hidden in plain site factory looking compartment used to smuggle in......

FocusMike

Guys has it occured to you that our cars are built in Mexico? That should say a lot about the smell. Wont the cartels be pissed when they realize their drug mule cars have been sold tl unsuspecting Americans lol! I would be careful and check out who is knocking on your guys front doors from now on just in case. Might also wanna call the DEA just in case.
Can you imagine if that were true? Ford sales would sky rocket with customers requesting factory pickup lol.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I think your car is getting high when you aren't around. Put a gps tracker on "Herbie" to see where he goes when you go to work.

I noticed this with mine when it was still really new as well. I chocked it up to the workers smoking while on the job. I'm over 20k KM's now and don't smell it anymore.

OP
2nerkid
Thread Starter #12
Wow, didn't realize how prevalent these cases are! Glad to see I'm not completely out of my mind and that it's not just happening to me!

I wonder if this happens with any other cars?

I think your car is getting high when you aren't around. Put a gps tracker on "Herbie" to see where he goes when you go to work.

Haha! Yeah, my friends and I joke about how my car is a stoner that takes off and tokes up when I don't suspect it. Now, how it manages to find the same parking spaces when when it comes back is a different question...

PMSL ROFL i know all the colorado fist buyers will be over the moon...same with washington! I cant believe no one thought about the Mexican Connection! The 2/3 times a week is probably cuz you r driving it so hard key parts in the car heat up, in effect heating the herbs and giving off the stench. Hope none of you get pulled over while the stink is present hahaha!

About two or three times a week, I'll get in my Fiesta, either to go to work or to come home, and I'm met with this super dank odour. I have no idea where it's coming from but I can smell it throughout the entire cabin right when I get in the vehicle.

It's seemingly random, and it goes away after a couple minutes of driving, but I have no idea why it keeps happening. I've been encountering this 'issue' pretty much ever since I got the car. A couple of my friends who've rode with me have confirmed that it's not just in my head, either (usually by saying something to the effect of "dude, your car smells like weed!").

Yeah yeah I know what you're thinking, but I don't smoke, and neither does anyone who's ever been in my car (to the best of my knowledge). I don't even necessarily mind it, but I am really curious to see if it's happening to anyone else and why.
Have you checked the air filters? I also recommend heading to your dealer to have this looked into.

Meagan

I have the same thing and EVERYONE comments on it. I hope it doesn't cause any issues. I thought one of the Ford employees might have somehow got some weed stuck somewhere. Sort of good here I am not alone.

Maybe you need some Fiesta Weed Control.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYWHQe_qp_c
It doesn't hurt the lawn.

I have never encountered this problem. I get an occasional melted plastic kind of smell. Have never been able to trace it, nor reproduce it. Had the same smell in my Raptor.

But yeah, you bought a "Fiesta" ! So it came with a little bit of party to set the tone.

I can see that excuse flying with an officer if you get pulled over. "Sir, have you been smoking marijuana?" "No officer, that's just the new car smell."