Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Car starts and dies immediately

Hey all, 2017 Fist with ap3 cobb tune (been running tune for a few months). Took on errands this morning with no issues but went to run out at dinner time and car had trouble starting but then died a few seconds after. Car will not stay running and finally threw a P0627 Fuel Pump “A” Control Circuit /Open. I pulled the back seat out and you can hear the slight wine from the pump when it primes but it sounds weak. Have also heard it can possibly be the fuel pump control module (cant find a part number for that). I read there were issues with earlier year cars having bad pumps. has anyone had this code and if so was it the pump that fixed it? Of course car factory warranty just ended. Any input would be appreciated!

OP
K
Thread Starter #2
car back to stock and still not staying on. Throwing the P0627 (Fuel Pump A control circuit / open) as well as the P00C6 (fuel pressure too low - engine).

OP
K
Thread Starter #5
did you ever figure this out? Currently having the same issue.
Yea i ran forscan and found fuel pump pressure to be extremely low for intank pump. Car was cpo so dealer picked it up and diagnosed as fuel pump as well. replaced under powertrain warranty. car sold right after.

Yea i ran forscan and found fuel pump pressure to be extremely low for intank pump. Car was cpo so dealer picked it up and diagnosed as fuel pump as well. replaced under powertrain warranty. car sold right after.
Thats kinda brutal. Selling it for a fuel pump failure. :giggle:

OP
K
Thread Starter #7
Thats kinda brutal. Selling it for a fuel pump failure. :giggle:
haha wasn't the main reason just the last straw. Honestly car was too small and ride quality wasn't very good for the crap roads by me. Had miata before and i liked and disliked the fiesta for similar reasons.

haha wasn't the main reason just the last straw. Honestly car was too small and ride quality wasn't very good for the crap roads by me. Had miata before and i liked and disliked the fiesta for similar reasons.
What did you end up getting then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
K
Thread Starter #12
What did you end up getting then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nothing, fist was my second vehicle. Main vehicle is an 05 Tacoma. Much easier to transfer mountain bike, kayak and fishing stuff with