Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Car thinks that is overheating before starting up

For some context, I am rebuilding a 2016 ST that was modified by the original owner (who died) so I cannot get any references to the modifications he has done to the car. After plugging the battery in and putting the car in acc position, the temperature gauge rises even before starts up. I had already checked a temp sensor on the car and seems like it is in a functional condition.

Just by looking at the engine bay, I can tell that the original owner installed some COBB intake parts and some blow off valve and maybe modified the engine harness because there some connectors that are not connected to anything.

Is there cylinder head temp sensor that is I don't know of, because I am about to give up and send it to a dealer :( IMG_7602.PNG IMG_7556.jpg

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Disconnected sensor is probably for the OEM bypass valve that’s electronically controlled but replaced by previous owner. As far as a head temp sensor, I do not know.