Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler!

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks to [MENTION=1391]Siestarider[/MENTION] for pointing out this company in another thread. A lil poking around on their website and found this. My car is black so i think this will look sick but subtle
?439.95

http://www.sico-developments.co.uk/...0-carbon-fibre-rear-spoiler?variant=740735729

These guys have grills, side skirts, front and rear splitters, CF hoods, and more look at me goodies than i though existed for our car. Happy day.

Siestarider

And the Pound took a beating today in financial markets. Sico has a great Fist parts list.

They were my secret haha. Ordered a few things from them. Waiting on my hood strut now. But yes, they have a huge list. Anddddd I wish I waited for that GBP to drop!

Thanks to [MENTION=1391]Siestarider[/MENTION] for pointing out this company in another thread. A lil poking around on their website and found this. My car is black so i think this will look sick but subtle
?439.95

http://www.sico-developments.co.uk/...0-carbon-fibre-rear-spoiler?variant=740735729

These guys have grills, side skirts, front and rear splitters, CF hoods, and more look at me goodies than i though existed for our car. Happy day.
That's almost 900usd shipped ????

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

antarctica24

Are you buying this for performance or looks? The rear of the car is not a place to be losing weight. And the conversion is not too far from where is was two weeks ago. On June 16th the conversion was .70 to 1 that was the high for the month. Usd on the 23rd it was .67.

Just a thought

fST

Are you buying this for performance or looks? The rear of the car is not a place to be losing weight. And the conversion is not too far from where is was two weeks ago. On June 16th the conversion was .70 to 1 that was the high for the month. Usd on the 23rd it was .67.

Just a thought
You want to look at the GBP to USD, since the prices are in GBP and we pay in USD. Right now, 1 GBP is equivalent to 1.37 USD. That's the lowest it's been in over 30 years. If anyone is interested in getting parts from the UK, now is a good time to pull the trigger. I want the euro projector headlights. People here were paying $820 for them shipped 2 years ago. On June 20th, I got a quote for them for 448.86 including shipping in GBP. If I bought them that day, I would have paid $668. Now, at a 1.37 exchange rate, The cost is $615. I'm glad to be paying $200 less than those 2 years ago and $53 savings in 5 days is nice. As a percentage, it's not even a 10% savings from 5 days ago but saving $53 is not bad.

I'm now trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger this weekend or see what happens on Monday/next week.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Is this any lighter than the OEM one? Seems like a money grab, as the OEM spoiler is pretty light.

Scent from Glade Air Freshener

God forbid someone have something on their car that is just for looks. Just because it's CF doesn't mean it has to be lighter. CF looks awesome, I'd rock it no matter what.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
God forbid someone have something on their car that is just for looks. Just because it's CF doesn't mean it has to be lighter. CF looks awesome, I'd rock it no matter what.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
As long as people know what they're doing/why they're buying I don't care. Problem?

AzNightmare

Is this any lighter than the OEM one? Seems like a money grab, as the OEM spoiler is pretty light.

It should be lighter... but probably not by much. I'll say it's mainly for looks. You'll probably shave off more weight by removing the spare tire instead.

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #15
Yea man this is just for looks. I wouldn't do something like this until after I'm fully bolted + pumaspeed.

Be very wary of SiCo Developments. I, alongside a few others, have been burned. This is a one-man shop who resales everything listed. I ordered Maxton Design products from him to the tune of 400$ USD and got nothing but the runaround after two weeks of zero contact and no parts shipped. I confirmed with Maxton Design that all products I had on order were in stock with them. SiCo's only reply to my texts was "it will ship soon". {The number listed on his site is his cell. So if you have an iPhone, you can imessage him when inevitably he fails to communicate with you or ship your product.) It took a PayPal dispute to get my money back. Others haven't been so lucky as they paid via debit or CC and too much time had passed. This isn't to say others haven't had a good experience; this is just a PSA of buyer beware.

antarctica24

Be very wary of SiCo Developments. I, alongside a few others, have been burned. This is a one-man shop who resales everything listed. I ordered Maxton Design products from him to the tune of 400$ USD and got nothing but the runaround after two weeks of zero contact and no parts shipped. I confirmed with Maxton Design that all products I had on order were in stock with them. SiCo's only reply to my texts was "it will ship soon". {The number listed on his site is his cell. So if you have an iPhone, you can imessage him when inevitably he fails to communicate with you or ship your product.) It took a PayPal dispute to get my money back. Others haven't been so lucky as they paid via debit or CC and too much time had passed. This isn't to say others haven't had a good experience; this is just a PSA of buyer beware.
This is why I made my other posts. This forum needs a permanent thread so that when there is a problem with a vendor we can report it so others don't fall victim.

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #18
a one-man show?!! :( but he has soooo much cool shit. A real shame. Thanks for the warning!

This is why I made my other posts. This forum needs a permanent thread so that when there is a problem with a vendor we can report it so others don't fall victim.
Good idea but a perma-thread becomes unwieldy over time making it a chore to get to the pertinent information. I would want a whole section where we can start a thread labeled, say, "SiCo Dev robbed me" and speak only to that vendor. A thread per vendor or incident. This would make it a whole lot easier to quickly get info and also make it so vendors could say their peace and even resolve issues right on our forum.

Yea man this is just for looks. I wouldn't do something like this until after I'm fully bolted + pumaspeed.
I feel ya, I have a stage 3 minus catback (not sure if I even want one) and anytime I look at an exterior mod it does nothing and costs more that things I could be adding to my suspension.
Don't get me wrong, I like tasteful exterior mods. It's just hard to swallow when you look at the prices. Cobb AP or a spoiler that does nothing?

That said I'm moving weight to the back of the car and trying to get rid of it up front. CF hood and a battery relocation first.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I feel ya, I have a stage 3 minus catback (not sure if I even want one) and anytime I look at an exterior mod it does nothing and costs more that things I could be adding to my suspension.
Don't get me wrong, I like tasteful exterior mods. It's just hard to swallow when you look at the prices. Cobb AP or a spoiler that does nothing?

That said I'm moving weight to the back of the car and trying to get rid of it up front. CF hood and a battery relocation first.
AGREED!!

That cf wing looks awesome as a part, but I personally think that it would look out of place on a car with stock, factory fenders/flares, and without flares (especially the REAR wheel flares) of at least the size of the factory WRC cars.

Maybe I would change my mind if I was able to see one on an otherwise stock bodied, USDM, 4 door ST?