Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cat or no cat

ronmcdon

Pretty well said and ya if your gonna play you gotta pay in my opinion. Oh and ya CARB is a bit over the top. Yet I would not get rid of them. There is a tendency in our country these days to throw the baby out with the bath water.
You don’t just get rid of things you fix the issues. Starting from scratch is usually a lot harder.
I think if CARB would have just stuck to measuring what comes out of the tailpipe and maybe how loud it is, I would be okay with that. What I have issue is how far they've gone to attack anything else that has no business proven to do with emissions. IMO, it has gotten really out of hand when I can no longer even get a downpipe with a high flow 200 cell GESI cat or a catback exhaust shipped to CA anymore. MAP was too scared even to sell me an oil cooler the other day lol. Right now I can buy the exhaust parts and have it shipped to a friend, but with the way how things are going, who can say how much worse things will get not only with CARB but also the god-forsaken EPA.

Oh and I will definitely put on my bucket list to throw a baby out with the bathwater someday literally, just to say I tried it.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I think if CARB would have just stuck to measuring what comes out of the tailpipe and maybe how loud it is, I would be okay with that. What I have issue is how far they've gone to attack anything else that has no business proven to do with emissions. IMO, it has gotten really out of hand when I can no longer even get a downpipe with a high flow 200 cell GESI cat or a catback exhaust shipped to CA anymore. MAP was too scared even to sell me an oil cooler the other day lol. Right now I can buy the exhaust parts and have it shipped to a friend, but with the way how things are going, who can say how much worse things will get not only with CARB but also the god-forsaken EPA.

Oh and I will definitely put on my bucket list to throw a baby out with the bathwater someday literally, just to say I tried it.
Agreed on tailpipe emissions and sound - that'd make sense. But little that governments do makes sense. Sad that it's gotten so out of hand you can't get an oil cooler lol.

I'm happy to live in a state without inspections, but hefty fines if caught removing the cat. Up to $10,000. The cops target cars shooting 6 ft fireballs while roll racing on the interstate or engaging in 2-step competitions in the AMC theater parking lot. Everyone else they pretty much leave alone.

It's like most things in life - don't be a moron and you'll be fine. Unfortunately we all get penalized via tighter restrictions because there are in fact plenty of morons out there.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Speaking of expensive regulations that mean well, I've never been a fan of having a bomb, sometimes dirty, go off in my seat belt wearing glasses-bearing face. Now the cars are rigged with a bunch of'em. Fortunately I've never had to set one of these things off.

OP
Old Mike Emerson

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #46
Nothing wrong with them as long as YOU are not the one stuck immediately behind them, since their HC output is so filthy pig rich that it can choke you even with the windows up and the air on. [wink] [mad]
At least in this area in and around Akron, Ohio the HD riders show absolutely no consideration for other people, from their badly tuned stanky ass bikes to totally removing their exhaust and blasting through residential areas at 3am. I met quit a few HD riders while in AA and every one was an asshat.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Saw a Hells Angel today. He was driving a pickup.