Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Catted 2J Racing Down Pipe

Trader history for Hijinx (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Per thread title, up for sale is my 2JR catted DP. I'm selling it as I've made the jump to being cat-less. The item has approximately 3200 miles on it. Included is new hardware and defouler if you want that sort of thing. It's all packed and ready to go for $220 shipped to your door. As always, OBO within reason. PM me here or text me at Eight502one819zerothree.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #5
The defouler is supposed to trick the O2 sensor into telling the ECU there's a cat there, so you don't need with this down pipe. It came with my catless down pipe purchase; I just decided not to use it.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Sorry for all the questions but why didn't you use it with your catless set up?

And not to completely derail the thread but could you explain the pros and cons between catted and catless since you obviously made the switch and seem to know about the differences. If you don't mind, I'd appreciate it man.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #7
No worries. According to Cobb, the rear O2 sensor is responsible for up to 20% of fuel corrections; using the defouler could negatively impact MPGs. However, without the defouler you would get an engine code for a bad catalytic converter which could also negatively affect MPGs. The remedy is a tune that basically disables the code. I didn't get any codes with the catted pipe. My tune I'm currently on has the code disabled so I have no use for the defouler. I made the swap because I want the most power available; spools a little bit quicker; and of course it sounds more awesome. It's only about a 5-10hp difference though. It was suggested by my tuner to switch over, so I did. Pros of the catted pipe are mostly relevant if your car is registered in a state with emissions testing, or if you just generally car about the environment. Cons of non-cat are the smell; reeks of fuel but I like the smell.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #9
You could, but you'd have to swap it out for your stock one whenever emissions is due. Or bribe whoever it is that's doing the testing. With no cat, it's highly likely your fail both visual and performance tests.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Damn well that sucks. I really wanted the extra power. But if I do get the catted one that one will still throw the cel light without the defouler? Or switching out the 02 sensors?

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #11
It should not throw a CEL with or without the defouler... Again the defouler is not necessary with the catted pipe.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Oh okay. Thanks man. That sucks I can't get a catless one. Stupid emissions. I guess catted won't be that bad though.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Not right now man. I still don't know what I want. I've doing research and people are saying as long as you get cel light tuned out it will pass the emissions test. And I would love the extra torque numbers.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #15
Someone buy this. $200 shipped. This is double the price when brand new.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #18
Sale completed. Shipping pending.

Status
Not open for further replies.