Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Chasing P0246

Hey guys.

GTX2860R w/ EWG and the CPE HKS bov kit and related bolt on's

So I've been chasing this code since the end of last season (car goes in storage for the winter w/ no access).
(note the limp mode code just came up, going to re-flash after work. I replaced the solenoid yesterday)
I was 5 tune revisions in before this code was thrown with great power (dizzy). So not much had changed.

I do however get a much quieter BOV action (not sure if this is due to lower boost @ ~12lbs or so)

So far I have replaced the EWG and boost solenoid, going to re verify the routing on the solenoid. I believe all that is left is the sensor on the top of the manifold, the cold side charge pipe sensor and the BOV? I doubt I cooked a sensor as the car is low mileage (less then 55xxx KM's).

Random thoughts:
- I hear the wastegate open under load (screamer pipe)
- Possibility of a collapsed reference hose?

Codes as of this morning
1589903668456.png

I found this mapping for the solenoid from boomba, I'm fairly certain I have the routing correct as I had full boost previously
1589903448048.png
CPE MAP tap sensor location.. Don't think this will be causing issues, however this has been my boost reference source during dyno tuning.
1589903922245.png

Any help would be appreciated! I want my BOOOOOST back :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Attachments

OP
B
Thread Starter #4
Have you limited Boost in 1st and 2nd gear? or are you just Balls to the Walls send it?
I have no boost limit in 1'st and 2'nd. Was averaging lbs 22-24lbs in all gears.

I saw a note on the forum about a specific fuse (I think it was E24), will have to check that. It's strange the car has gone into limp mode with the new solenoid. Got some tinkering to do tonight

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Also check the Wiring near the Wastegate/Boost solenoid. I found mine was nicked and shorting a while back. Cut the harness off and replaced the section that was damaged. I have the harness number somewhere also. I think its in my thread related to it.

OP
B
Thread Starter #8
Thanks!

While researching I went back to the ATP install guide and found a really good routing document for our specific solenoid.

Once I get this fixed I'll do a troubleshooting post. BOV is shippied from Raptor racing already so thats a plus (Shipping in Canada during the 'rona has been sloooow)
1590016092476.png
1590016054220.png

And jsut to make it as simple for myself as possible:
1590016525392.png

OP
B
Thread Starter #9
Just checked the fuse (F24 on mine) looks good.

For reference if anyone is in a pinch the bank of 4 10A fuses to the left of the center fuse block are for the headlights and can be harvested in a pinch.

Weather forecast looks good for the next few days. Going start full time on this tomorrow. Better go buy a 24 LOL

OP
B
Thread Starter #11
Parts showed up earlier this week. Finally getting at this!

Will post my results

OP
B
Thread Starter #12
Almost had the car buttoned back up tonight but got rained out at the last minute. cowl and headlights and I'm good to go.

Fixed some other minor things. Dumped out my catch can and got like 1/4 cup of oil! Haven't drained it in ages however so that may not be telling. Will be keeping an eye on it.

Inspected the BOV O ring, seemed fine. but just in case I installed the HKS I installed (god I wish I went TIAL flange).

Chased the other two hoses for the solenoid. They are routed correctly, but my installer did something weird with the intake side (pics attached), it's routed to atmosphere rather then the intake.

I'm going to pick up a barbed fitting and route this to an intake elbow to see if it helps at all. There should be a slight pressure difference between atmosphere and the intake.

Attachments

OP
B
Thread Starter #13
Spoke with my turbo guy RE atmosphere vs intake. No difference.

New BOV didn't fix it. Going to spend next weekend chasing the wiring harness too see if I can find an open anywhere.

OP
B
Thread Starter #17
Yea it was for the solenoid pig tail. managed to clean out the wire and fix it.

I think I'm just going to order a couple of connectors. But car might go for sale soon (want to restore my 79 Camaro)

Just checked the fuse (F24 on mine) looks good.

For reference if anyone is in a pinch the bank of 4 10A fuses to the left of the center fuse block are for the headlights and can be harvested in a pinch.

Weather forecast looks good for the next few days. Going start full time on this tomorrow. Better go buy a 24 LOL
I know this thread is 2 years old but where the hell is this fuse???? I've looked online for hours and only fuse diagrams I get are for base model fiestas.