Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cheaper splitter

Anyone know of a cheaper splitter? I can't justify paying 250$ plus for a cosmetic upgrade lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but they look so pretty. :) It'd look great on blue. Just do it!

I hear ya though. I got a good deal used. Keep searching!

OP
Loganwept
Thread Starter #3
Thanks man, looks mean on yours too.

OP
Loganwept
Thread Starter #8
Yes. Clean the area well, make sure its hot enough and take your time. Quick clean with a bumper wax/cleaner. Worse case you spend $30.
Cool thanks man. I think I'll pick this up now. [emoji1591]

jeff

2000 Post Club
EZlip x2. Love it on my last few cars. Knockoffs can be had for $20 and they're about the same, I've used both the real and copy.

How well do they hold with the canadian winters ?
I mean salt + moisture + Cold is pretty nasty on anything .

Bluedrank

I had done this way back in 2005 on my SRT-4, before this was a product really. I just went to Home Depot and bought some garage door weather stripping, which is exactly what this stuff is. Now I sort of laugh because it was a bit ricey in hindsight.

But the question I always wondered was whether or not this rubber stuff flaps or bends while you're at speed. I've yet to have the chance to observe another car with this stuff on the move.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Next question....who makes the best faux air splitter ?
Eye of the beholder on that one, personal preference. Any one else tells you otherwise than they have ulterior motive.

I had done this way back in 2005 on my SRT-4, before this was a product really. I just went to Home Depot and bought some garage door weather stripping, which is exactly what this stuff is. Now I sort of laugh because it was a bit ricey in hindsight.

But the question I always wondered was whether or not this rubber stuff flaps or bends while you're at speed. I've yet to have the chance to observe another car with this stuff on the move.
If it laps/bends at speeds it did not show any wear, so good for me.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

I'll put money on it that it bends back as you increase speed. The density of this rubber most likely will stop it from flapping like a sheet of paper in the wind. Do you have any pics of it installed and how did you go about Installing it...3m two sided take or push pins or screws/bolts?

Bluedrank

I'll put money on it that it bends back as you increase speed. The density of this rubber most likely will stop it from flapping like a sheet of paper in the wind. Do you have any pics of it installed and how did you go about Installing it...3m two sided take or push pins or screws/bolts?
Nah it was back in 2005, I didn't take any pictures when I installed it on the car. The rubber from Home Depot actually came with the 3m tape pre-installed just like this other stuff they are selling. I'm pretty certain that they are literally just buying the same product cheap from the manufacturer but marketing it to car people and raising the price.