Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CJ Pony Parts shifter

Shifter knob**

My birthday present just came in. Apparently they make each one to order. Took about a month. So far I love it! I was hoping it would be a bit heavier (it's lighter than stock) but it looks great and fits perfectly! Has a really nice pool ball feel to it. Will post pics in the light when I get a chance.

CJ Pony Parts

-Peter

They seem to have quite a selection of them already made, but certain color combos are occasionally out of stock. I just ordered one custom from Speed Dawg, who presumably makes these for CJ Pony Parts. I ordered a Grabber Orange with a black shift pattern, because it matches my wheels almost perfectly. I can't wait!

OP
wrongwheeldrive
Thread Starter #4
So it's been a week with this knob and I am still giddy about it. Here's a quick review:

1. It feels much nicer than stock. The round knob is true American muscle car style, although I chose it because I always liked my 07 Mini shifter (round) better then the FiST.
2. Even though it is lighter than stock I think the material (billiards ball material) sucks up quite a bit of tranny chatter.
3. It's been 100 degrees this last week and the ball hasn't seen much temp change. The metal adapter will get hot or cold but not the ball.
4. It looks badass and fits the red-black-grey ST theme nicely.
5. The Ford Racing logo looks nice and matches my seatbelt covers and my MFT background as well.
6. Easy to clean. My stock knob was starting to show signs of pitting on top. I think this thing is indestructible.

OP
wrongwheeldrive
Thread Starter #5
They seem to have quite a selection of them already made, but certain color combos are occasionally out of stock. I just ordered one custom from Speed Dawg, who presumably makes these for CJ Pony Parts. I ordered a Grabber Orange with a black shift pattern, because it matches my wheels almost perfectly. I can't wait!
If I remember correctly it did come in a speed dawg package.

Here's mine. Agreed the wait felt like forever! Could use a few more oz of weight to it and I wish it had the reverse collar was built in, but I like it.

Here's mine. Agreed the wait felt like forever! Could use a few more oz of weight to it and I wish it had the reverse collar was built in, but I like it.
They do make knobs that accommodate the reverse lockout without using an adapter. Get the knob for a 2015+ Mustang. It fits the FiST perfectly. I'm very pleased with mine.

They do make knobs that accommodate the reverse lockout without using an adapter. Get the knob for a 2015+ Mustang. It fits the FiST perfectly. I'm very pleased with mine.
Doh!

At least with their adapter I can run any shift knob even the Browning gun handle ones at Autozone.