Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Climate Controls turn off after start

I've checked the fuses and nothing is blown there at least for Fuse #12 (if I remember correctly). The only thing I've done recently was run a remote power wire from the instrument cluster fuse (Fuse #19 I believe it was, 2nd from the left on the top, left bank inside car).

What would cause my climate controls to turn on and then off shortly after when starting the car?

Last edited:
OP
C
Thread Starter #2
Apparently using the Climate Control fuse can cause these issues, going to swap the inline fuse to the moonroof fuse and see if that solves it.

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
Just for future reference if anyone has any issues like this, it was indeed because I was using the cluster fuse, swapping to the moonroof has seemed to fix the issue

M2MG

Having same issue, did you splice the harness or old school just straight from the fuse plug in via inline fuse to acc power wire?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
My blower motor wouldn't work at all following an oil change. Obviously changing the oil has zero to do with the climate control system so it was pure coincidence.

Worked after reseating the blower motor relay underneath the hood. Did it again like a year or so later.
Same thing fixed except, this time I replaced the relay, worked it in/out to rub off any possible layer of corrosion and added a little dielectric grease for the connections.
No repeats thus far.

Under the hood. (*** CORRECTION LISTED IN A FOLLOWING POST ***)
1700442073188.png
1700441985934.png
1700605017753.png

Glove box compartment.
1700441833050.png
1700441789302.png

Last edited:

M2MG

I don’t know why they are calling it (F6) a relay, it’s really a high amp fuse. Cleaned and dressed it with dielectric grease, haven’t had time to see if it works, been finishing the hood and front clip from a deer suicide

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Hadn't even noticed until you said something. 🤔 It's been awhile. I thought I was messing with one of the large square things... not the small rectangular ones.

(looks at manual again...)

Ah okay...
1700604760494.png

My blower motor wouldn't work at all following an oil change. Obviously changing the oil has zero to do with the climate control system so it was pure coincidence.

Worked after reseating the blower motor relay underneath the hood. Did it again like a year or so later.
Same thing fixed except, this time I replaced the relay, worked it in/out to rub off any possible layer of corrosion and added a little dielectric grease for the connections.
No repeats thus far.

Under the hood. (*** CORRECTION LISTED IN A FOLLOWING POST ***)
View attachment 59160
View attachment 59159
View attachment 59169

Glove box compartment.
View attachment 59158
View attachment 59156

How do you reset the relay my good man?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
A relay is a simple (electro) mechanical device. Whatever was wrong with it mechanically, was temporarily resolved by my pulling it, reorienting it for inspection, kind of knocking it around a bit while reinserting it. The pins didn't show any signs of corrosion/degradation. They can be tested with 12v source and a volt meter. But the test may be inconclusive if it is intermittent. Voltage drop testing can be used to detect a bad switch component. But they're cheap and quick/easy to replace.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
BTW it was *ONLY* the blow motor that was unresponsive. The climate control system was otherwise active... just no blower.