Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,502
Cyborg Upgraded Stock Turbocharger System

The turbo prices below are going to be valid for the next 5 buyers that I'm going to do in a group type deal.

After that, the options will stay the same price, but the base price will go up after these 5. So consider this your chance to get in before hand. Orders will be filled in the order they are PAID.
We are currently 3 weeks out before we can fill #1 but they should all ship within the same 2 week area.

If you pay and don't want to be identified, I will fill your spot with "un-named" or something :)

*********************************************************************************************

We have 2 different turbo upgrade options now !!

The original cyborg option is now more affordable than ever and just as good as it's been for years.
We start with the largest compressor wheel upgrade available for the fiesta ST. We then install new bearings, seals, and balance the assembly after we clip the factory turbine wheel. The extra large stainless inlet is included as its required to feed the extra large compressor wheel.
$950 shipped with only a $200 core charge.

The second option is the new Cyborg39. We send the turbo through the same process as the original cyborg upgrade. Only with this version, we machine the turbine housing out to accept a larger turbine wheel that has been clipped the same way we clip our factory turbines for increased flow. The extra large inlet is also included with turbo as its required.
$1275 shipped with only a $250 core charge.

~~~~We still have many options to suit budgets, needs and goals. ~~~~

We now have moved to a 19psi base EFR wastegate on both turbo charger options. And it still have the great price as before. $100 with either cyborg option. *Must be purchased with a cyborg turbo at the time it's being built.

****We now have two port-work options****

To help budgets while making it more affordable to ensure your getting as much performance for your money as you can I've decided to offer a basic port job. Enlarges the parts of the system that are the most restrictive. No more. No less.
$200 and add $75 to your core charge.

We still offer the same full port job that many have gotten over the last 2 years. Many can vouch for the work, and it still takes me 12 real labor hours on each turbine/manifold pair. Removing the wastegate arm and fully porting the wastegate hole is part of this as well as polishing the runners. A port matched manifold gasket is now included for free with this service.
$350 and add $75 to your core charge.

****Now we offer two thermal control paths****

Complete heat wrap and turbo blanket installed and ready to use. $150.

And now we are doing "turbo X" manifold and turbine coatings as well. Turbo LSx guys love this stuff and we have had good results using it on Cummings setups. $200
.********

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
The spool alone is a drastic improvement over original cyborg. If I have one gripe with my cyborg, it's the spool. The power up top is nice, but it's not enough to justify the spool time. Still enjoy it every time I drive the car, but this new cyborg 39 looks like a game changer!
I don't know Frank. My Cyborg breaks traction by 3,200 Rpm its at 19psi and I'm running 215 width Max Performance summer tires. I know they're not super sticky, but stickier than the stock rubber. I think thats pretty damn good. Maybe it's my tuner not sure, but I got no gripes with the spool characteristics of my cyborg set up.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I don't know Frank. My Cyborg breaks traction by 3,200 Rpm its at 19psi and I'm running 215 width Max Performance summer tires. I know they're not super sticky, but stickier than the stock rubber. I think thats pretty damn good. Maybe it's my tuner not sure, but I got no gripes with the spool characteristics of my cyborg set up.
That's great, but I don't see peak psi until 4,000rpms. The cyborg 39 is hitting peak boost at 3250 or something close to that, which is a great improvement.

After reading some E30 X37 graphs and seeing that the Cyborg 39 has peak power 1000rpm later and still hits torque like stock I'm more ready than ever for this upgrade!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF I do not eventually go with a full on BT kit, THIS, or whatever Bryan comes up with in his 'experiments', is what I will go with.

I basically just want a steady 300 to the wheels on 93 E10 ONLY, so who/whatever can give me that, even in the dead of summer heat (but with whichever IC it requires), reliably and safely, is what/who I would go with. ;)

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,509
Only 5 spots at this price ( juss say'n, lol )

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
IF I do not eventually go with a full on BT kit, THIS, or whatever Bryan comes up with in his 'experiments', is what I will go with.

I basically just want a steady 300 to the wheels on 93 E10 ONLY, so who/whatever can give me that, even in the dead of summer heat (but with whichever IC it requires), reliably and safely, is what/who I would go with. ;)
Hey no offense, but I see you're still waiting for you FiST to come in even though you have like a gazillion posts on here. Have you even driven a modded FiST? How do you know that you need 300whp to be happy? Seems like everyone is number chasing. If I make 288whp and the car makes me happy, I'm not going to kill myself searching for the last 12HP on 93. Just saying. I would want a fast enjoyable car, but when saying you want a car with a specific output, seems like its for bragging rights. Wouldn't you want a car that was fun to drive and fast as opposed to a car that just made a lot of power? What about spool characteristics? I'm sure that's important. I want the total package. Good power all the way to redline with good spool and a linear power band. If I make 300whp, great, but I'm more concerned with the power curve and overall feel of the car. Just my .02. Once I get my Cyborg 39 tuned I'll dyno it. If it makes 270whp on E-30 and thats all I can get out of her I;ll keep it as long as I'm happy with the way it drives and pulls. Now conversely if it makes 315whp on E-30 but I feel its lacking (which I doubt I would) then I may seek out another option. My point being I think a lot of people are obsessed with numbers instead of how the car feels.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran

Hey no offense, but I see you're still waiting for you FiST to come in even though you have like a gazillion posts on here. Have you even driven a modded FiST? How do you know that you need 300whp to be happy? Seems like everyone is number chasing. If I make 288whp and the car makes me happy, I'm not going to kill myself searching for the last 12HP on 93. Just saying. I would want a fast enjoyable car, but when saying you want a car with a specific output, seems like its for bragging rights. Wouldn't you want a car that was fun to drive and fast as opposed to a car that just made a lot of power? What about spool characteristics? I'm sure that's important. I want the total package. Good power all the way to redline with good spool and a linear power band. If I make 300whp, great, but I'm more concerned with the power curve and overall feel of the car. Just my .02. Once I get my Cyborg 39 tuned I'll dyno it. If it makes 270whp on E-30 and thats all I can get out of her I;ll keep it as long as I'm happy with the way it drives and pulls. Now conversely if it makes 315whp on E-30 but I feel its lacking (which I doubt I would) then I may seek out another option. My point being I think a lot of people are obsessed with numbers instead of how the car feels.
M-Sport, Bronx is right. Focus on what the car feels like. Everyone will have a different opinion, so you need drive the car before setting these goals. You can get 300whp on 93 in the summer, but you won't like it. Hint: the hybrids will be hard pressed to do it on 93 alone (no offense, SS).

Getting 300WHP out of a hybrid turbo on JUST 93 is going to be extremely tough and probably not possible. Now getting 270 or so WHP on 93 with this new Cyborg is more than likely from the graph already posted and only at 24PSI. I current run the first version of the cyborg tuned to peak boost of 25PSI and falling 22.5 at redline. The car feels quick as hell. It runs great, and feels amazing.

Now for me, I want more. If I were to dyno my car right now, I would probably make 245-250WHP on E30. For me, this would be enough, but I like power and LOVE working with SS. He is an awesome guy and makes a hell of a good turbo cheap. The fact 300WHP is a pretty good possibility on E40 with this new turbo, I AM going to upgrade and soon. But I promise you, going from a stock fiesta to what I drive now, the car is absolute RIOT. I just have a person vendetta against my buddies explorer sport ( tuned, full exhaust and intake) I need to beat him. So this upgrade is necessary for my own selfishness lol. Drive a modded fist first before you claim 300WHP on 93 is a MUST.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,514
Good air is a big deal. In FL I have my boost compensations turn the boost down based on air intake inlet temp. When it hits 90 degrees the fun is over. Boost drops. I limit the car myself, let alone the outside air quality. I made less on the V-dyno this morning at 74 degrees and 100% humidity vs yesterday at 82degees and less humidity.

I try to tell people all the time... Tuners, climate, elevation, engine condition, supporting mods, CORRECT TIRE SIZE ( lol ) on V-dyno, knowing the ACTUAL weight of the ACTUAL CAR. So many factors. Dyno's are the same way.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Getting 300WHP out of a hybrid turbo on JUST 93 is going to be extremely tough and probably not possible. Now getting 270 or so WHP on 93 with this new Cyborg is more than likely from the graph already posted and only at 24PSI. I current run the first version of the cyborg tuned to peak boost of 25PSI and falling 22.5 at redline. The car feels quick as hell. It runs great, and feels amazing.

Now for me, I want more. If I were to dyno my car right now, I would probably make 245-250WHP on E30. For me, this would be enough, but I like power and LOVE working with SS. He is an awesome guy and makes a hell of a good turbo cheap. The fact 300WHP is a pretty good possibility on E40 with this new turbo, I AM going to upgrade and soon. But I promise you, going from a stock fiesta to what I drive now, the car is absolute RIOT. I just have a person vendetta against my buddies explorer sport ( tuned, full exhaust and intake) I need to beat him. So this upgrade is necessary for my own selfishness lol. Drive a modded fist first before you claim 300WHP on 93 is a MUST.
Hey Perf. Who tuned your Cyborg?

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Hello good sir.
Originally I had a different tuner. There was an issue with the tune and car and they could not figure it out, so I had life time tuning bought through TUNE+ And he was able to tune it perfectly. So I went with him, he did a 93 tune and my E30.
Sent you a PM

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
To all above, yes, I know all of this, and yes, I even expected these responses.

Maybe I made it sound too much like I would ONLY accept a 'hard' number 300, and should have said something like "approaching 300 to the wheels in PERFECT conditions" instead.

OF COURSE ANY of these hybrid options (given the correct spool characteristics) will feel like a completely different car than even a perfectly tuned/ICed stocker, but that is the whole point, no?

And yes, I will admit that the only reason I appear to be a dyno 'number chaser' is because of listening to the many on here who seem to claim that 300 is NOT nearly 'enough' for them, and they are dissatisfied with it.

Having never had even a mildly powerful/boosted FWD car before, yes, maybe even just a great flash tune with an aftermarket IC may be 'too much' for me to handle through the front wheels, I don't know. [dunno]

I guess I will find out in the early spring, when I do these mods. ;)

BTW; I do not look at post counts AT ALL, and I give them NO extra credence, (save for those with them who also actually have technical expertise) and the reason I have "a gazillion" posts is because I am trying to learn as much as I can about a TOTALLY foreign to me platform (the very FIRST turbo FWD car I will have ever owned), which I thought was the main reason for this site's existence??

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
BTW; I do not look at post counts AT ALL, and I give them NO extra credence, (save for those with them who also actually have technical expertise) and the reason I have "a gazillion" posts is because I am trying to learn as much as I can about a TOTALLY foreign to me platform (the very FIRST turbo FWD car I will have ever owned), which I thought was the main reason for this site's existence??
Yes that is what this site is for.

To all above, yes, I know all of this, and yes, I even expected these responses.

Maybe I made it sound too much like I would ONLY accept a 'hard' number 300, and should have said something like "approaching 300 to the wheels in PERFECT conditions" instead.

OF COURSE ANY of these hybrid options (given the correct spool characteristics) will feel like a completely different car than even a perfectly tuned/ICed stocker, but that is the whole point, no?

And yes, I will admit that the only reason I appear to be a dyno 'number chaser' is because of listening to the many on here who seem to claim that 300 is NOT nearly 'enough' for them, and they are dissatisfied with it.

Having never had even a mildly powerful/boosted FWD car before, yes, maybe even just a great flash tune with an aftermarket IC may be 'too much' for me to handle through the front wheels, I don't know. [dunno]

I guess I will find out in the early spring, when I do these mods. ;)

I wouldn't apologize about the 300hp thing at all. Heck... I run a pretty good set-up on a stock turbo on E30 and I want the exact same thing. 300hp is my ultimate goal on this car. And I don't care how it is contained. I don't care if is a big red don't push button until I want to destroy a new modded 5.0 or run that sub 12 second 1/4 sprint once every blue moon. I don't really care if I hardly ever use it. It could be part of a kill mode map toggle. But the fact it is there would make me the happiest person in the world.

I only bring this up, because I'm very aware that I enjoy the usable power as much as everyone else 90% of the time. But having that kill mode power at my fingertips means everything to me. Of course it's not for everyone out there, but those of us that came from 0-60 2.7 second and 10 sec 1/4 sport bikes love that light weight/power to weight ratio. And if I could afford an AWD Porsche 911 we would not be having this discussion right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.