Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Yeah, thanks. [like]

It's just that everyone jumps down your neck when you even mention a "number", even though they themselves seem to be chasing a said number most of the time. [???:)]

It is going to take A LOT to get this car to even match my last ride as well (albeit FAR FAR from a crotch rocket's power/weight), which is maybe why I appear to be 'power hungry' to many on here who came from anemic, NA, lightly modded imports and such (to whom THESE cars seem like F1 cars right from the factory??). [wink]

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,522
I came from a 118k mile 240whp G35. But had a 409whp 505Tq srt4 before that. A TL1000R and Honda cbr954RR in the middle.

So I know what quick is.

But I can tell you, when my car was making only 233whp in a dynojet, I drove a stage1 fist and it felt insanely slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^Yeah, thanks. [like]

It's just that everyone jumps down your neck when you even mention a "number", even though they themselves seem to be chasing a said number most of the time. [???:)]

It is going to take A LOT to get this car to even match my last ride as well (albeit FAR FAR from a crotch rocket's power/weight), which is maybe why I appear to be 'power hungry' to many on here who came from anemic, NA, lightly modded imports and such (to whom THESE cars seem like F1 cars right from the factory??). [wink]
Well... I have had a long history of bikes. I had the original 85 FZ750 -> 94 zx7 -> 96 gsxr750 -> 98 zx9 -> 02 gsxr750 -> 03 CBR 954RR -> 07 Buell Ulysses and jumped into various cars along the way. But the FIST is by far the most fun car I've ever owned. So what I'm aiming to build I guess is an optimized power to ratio car. One of those cars that 90% of the time is a blast to drive daily but then has that kill mode for that 10% which surprises and eats the majority of all cars on the road. That would include most of your BMWs 3/5 series, camaros, mustangs, WRXs, etc; Since those are the ones we typically see on the roads anyway.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Well... I have had a long history of bikes. I had the original 85 FZ750 -> 94 zx7 -> 96 gsxr750 -> 98 zx9 -> 02 gsxr750 -> 03 CBR 954RR -> 07 Buell Ulysses and jumped into various cars along the way. But the FIST is by far the most fun car I've ever owned. So what I'm aiming to build I guess is an optimized power to ratio car. One of those cars that 90% of the time is a blast to drive daily but then has that kill mode for that 10% which surprises and eats the majority of all cars on the road. That would include most of your BMWs 3/5 series, camaros, mustangs, WRXs, etc; Since those are the ones we typically see on the roads anyway.
The secret to surprising those cars: always be on kill mode.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,526
Quick question, was the V-dyno posted with a straight off the shelf Cyborg39? Or did it have any porting/Wastegate options?
This was on stock manifold and turbine housings with no port work :)

We WILL HAVE at least 3-4 guys with ported setups and a cyborg39 because a few of the guys with old cyborgs are getting them upgraded :)

Pretty sure it was off the shelf just with a better WG actuator.

Russ, Sourskittle

OK so real question everyone wants to know...

How close are we to seeing a ported full bolts ons pro-tuned X39 on E30/40 dynoed?

A lot of us are hoping to finally hit that 300 barrier. Fingers crossed.

This was on stock manifold and turbine housings with no port work :)

We WILL HAVE at least 3-4 guys with ported setups and a cyborg39 because a few of the guys with old cyborgs are getting them upgraded :)
Hot damn, now that's awesome. I've had good luck porting and polishing in the past so I think with a ported setup spool should be as quick as you can get on a turbo with this power potential.

Pretty sure it was off the shelf just with a better WG actuator.

Russ
Want to tune another? ;) I'm going to take a look at a Fiesta in Royal Oak/Berkley and another in Troy this weekend so I should have mine soon.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
OK so real question everyone wants to know...

How close are we to seeing a ported full bolts ons pro-tuned X39 on E30/40 dynoed?

A lot of us are hoping to finally hit that 300 barrier. Fingers crossed.
You will see that pretty soon! Its a DHM Stage 2+ car that will be getting one installed and dyno tuned by us. It does have stock exhaust but i dont see that slowing things down to much!

Hot damn, now that's awesome. I've had good luck porting and polishing in the past so I think with a ported setup spool should be as quick as you can get on a turbo with this power potential.

Want to tune another? ;) I'm going to take a look at a Fiesta in Royal Oak/Berkley and another in Troy this weekend so I should have mine soon.
We are up for it any time!

Russ

Rhinopolis

You will see that pretty soon! Its a DHM Stage 2+ car that will be getting one installed and dyno tuned by us. It does have stock exhaust but i dont see that slowing things down to much.

Russ
This is getting fun [rockon]

PS: As soon as someone can take a hybrid turbo, be it the C39 or X37, have several members make 300whp on E30 and w/out aux fuel or meth on that system, be ready to take my $$$.

I don't want a big turbo and big power numbers, and I don't want to mess with "add on" fueling systems. I'll probably go ahead and upgrade to the DHM FMIC from my Cobb at that point too.

Great time to own a FiST, guys.....

You will see that pretty soon! Its a DHM Stage 2+ car that will be getting one installed and dyno tuned by us. It does have stock exhaust but i dont see that slowing things down to much!

Russ
Stage 2 tuned for E30/40?

re-rx7

1000 Post Club

Russ
Is the stock exhaust a restriction at all with the hybrids? Such as the Cyborg? Ive wondered this many times.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Is the stock exhaust a restriction at all with the hybrids? Such as the Cyborg? Ive wondered this many times.
I'm sure to a certain point but we have made 350-370whp on stock exhaust 4 times now lol

Russ

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I'm sure to a certain point but we have made 350-370whp on stock exhaust 4 times now lol

Russ

Gd to know. Cant justify the money for just a few more ponies....Ill be ordering some things from you when the Symposer deletes get back in stock..

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,536

Russ

I'm using the stock muffler and making 340~whp with not a whole lot of tuning knowledge. It is restriction, but not worth the noise to me anymore :)

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Gd to know. Cant justify the money for just a few more ponies....Ill be ordering some things from you when the Symposer deletes get back in stock..

Stock exhaust lol

I cant wait to see one on a ported manifold, ported turbo and external waste gate on the new cyborg. I am running all this on the old cyborg and its a blast. If winter and snow tires were not right around the corner, I would absolutely jump on this and order one now. but that much power on snow tires=spinning everywhere and to much money to spend on buying a new set every year. Next year will be the year for sure.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,540
For what it's worth... I lost 2.5psi when I put the stock muffler back on vs 3" open Downpipe. Had to adjust the wastegate tables to bring it back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.