Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I want one of these just cant get a def answer if it will be able to use a tune to pass the OBD2 state inspection.
There is no visual inspection in your part (or any part) of the Empire State?

Not that it matters with the Cyborgs since they appear so factory-like from the outside that even if the inspection worker knew what the stock setup looked like, and what to look for, they would not be able to tell for the most part. ;)

There is no visual inspection in your part (or any part) of the Empire State?

Not that it matters with the Cyborgs since they appear so factory-like from the outside that even if the inspection worker knew what the stock setup looked like, and what to look for, they would not be able to tell for the most part. ;)
There is visual but I have no worries on that part I have a connection. The OBD2 part hooks up to the state computers so there are no ways around that.

There is visual but I have no worries on that part I have a connection. The OBD2 part hooks up to the state computers so there are no ways around that.
On my FoST I had this issue and I had a FreekTune. I would just uninstall the tune then get my inspection once all the monitor passed. So to me a better question would be, can we run this on a stock tune? Or like you stated Cobb Stage3 worked as well. If we put it back to a stock tune and it throw a C.E.L with a Cyborg then to me it would be a no go, unless another protuner can chime in on readiness monitors that run with their tune.

I ordered a Tune+ tune and should be getting it today and will install it after my Intake and the 87 Octane the dealer filled it up with is gone. I only put 250 miles on the car so far lol. I will watch the monitors after a week and see what happens with them.

I asked Russ about passing State OBD2 emissions with the DHM kits. He said it's not a problem, even with the wastegate bypassing the cat. Just need to find a tuner who will keep everything in the "ready" mode.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
I want one of these just cant get a def answer if it will be able to use a tune to pass the OBD2 state inspection.
I passed NY STate inpsection 3 years in a row without a cat![ohcrap] Don't know how, but I know my tune was super clean on my Subaru. No cats and you couldn't tell. No smell. Hooked up to my OBD II port three years in a row and passed[dunno]

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
So can you answer my question if this setup will show all I/M readiness monitors or are you posting just to post?
I really don't see why it wouldn't. I'm 99% sure even my car will show all Ready. I'll check in a little bit and confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Sounds like a Tune+ problem
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You don't say![readthis]
On my FoST I had this issue and I had a FreekTune. I would just uninstall the tune then get my inspection once all the monitor passed. So to me a better question would be, can we run this on a stock tune? Or like you stated Cobb Stage3 worked as well. If we put it back to a stock tune and it throw a C.E.L with a Cyborg then to me it would be a no go, unless another protuner can chime in on readiness monitors that run with their tune.

I ordered a Tune+ tune and should be getting it today and will install it after my Intake and the 87 Octane the dealer filled it up with is gone. I only put 250 miles on the car so far lol. I will watch the monitors after a week and see what happens with them.
Feel for you man..[crazyeye]

Siestarider

My C39 came in Wednesday. Mounted it last night, checked all fasteners first. Mine had loose fasteners in various locations, not that anyone should expect to just bolt it on, but I probably just bolted on the Cyborg in August, it had been sitting on a shelf for 8 months. We never did figure out why it failed, might have been me not checking all the fasteners. Of course, it failed the morning after I ran it hard on track in 95 F heat with an "in-process tune", and it did get me home.

So I loaded the same "in process" tune on C39 and just logged a couple 3rd gear runs. VD says 232-238 hp. More impressive to me was driving around town. Feels like stock turbo on steroids. Hard to hold it back. Really feels good. This on 93 and probably a "halfway there" tune.

So logs off to tuner, its a ways from ready for corn. Thought I better post something or Bryan might think I died or my turbo lost in mail.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Just installed my cyborg 39 today. On my 3rd revision I'm seeing 28.97psi on e-30. Let's see what we can push out of her.

Just installed my cyborg 39 today. On my 3rd revision I'm seeing 28.97psi on e-30. Let's see what we can push out of her.
I'm really eager to see these results. Ken just sent me my baseline tune for the C39. I'll be installing tomorrow with the help of a friend. I'll only be tuning on 93 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.