Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clunking sound

Hey, y'all, I'm new to the forum despite having my FiST for seven months now. Anyways, so there is this clunking sound that happens on hard launches and hard turning. It happened at auto x and someone suggested it could be the engine mounts. Now I also get a clunk whenever I set off normally though its not as loud. Besides the engine mounts, is there anything else that could be causing this? Thanks in advance.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
How many miles on your fiesta? I’d start by looking at the motor mounts, especially the rear motor mount on the bottom of the car. My old 2001 focus had a broken rear mount and it clunked horribly

Sam4

Crazy suggestion, it's on my to-do list, exhaust hangers. I snapped one of the front pipe to motor mount studs while changing a rear motor mount, been chasing exhaust flex sounds and clunking ever since. Somewhere here is a discussion of the exhaust hitting a cross member, and mine barks if I hit a pot hole (right side), or more likely the 'gas pedal' hard causing torque steer fun. All mounts are vibratechnics and less than 30k miles of service.

As Sam said, look at exhaust hangers. I'm at 52k and started hearing a clunk as you described. Took a few days to notice, but the tip wasn't centered in the bumper. Autozone a block away had a suitable one for a few bucks... Off I go!

OP
M
Thread Starter #6
How many miles on your fiesta? I’d start by looking at the motor mounts, especially the rear motor mount on the bottom of the car. My old 2001 focus had a broken rear mount and it clunked horribly
My fiesta currently sits at 75k rn.