Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clutch creaking noise

Hey guys. My clutch makes a creaking noise when taking off from a stop. It Only does it when it’s cold outside. It Doesn’t make any noises while it’s in gear only when taking off 1st/second gear under load. Only when I’m engaging the clutch. Any ideas what it could be? My only thought is a throw out bearing.

NOVA_Ranger

U.S. Army Veteran
New to the vehicle, so not up on common issues/solutions, but is the creaking coming from the clutch pedal itself or elsewhere? Curious to know if there is a way to periodically lubricate the clutch cable (if it is even necessary) and for a creaky pedal I'd just hit the pivot point with some lithium grease of something. Good luck!

I'm having a similar problem. Only way to find out is to start checking nuts an bolts in the front suspesion, look over your brakes, check wheels for wheel hub play.

I haven't found the issue yet but i need to do my brakes soon. If its not gone after that, I'm planning to replacement suspension bolts because many of them are torque to yield and I've reused them many times during service work and upgrades. If it doesn't go away after that I'm looking at axle or maybe wheel bearing... Its a PITA. It only happens at low speed, normally when I take off from first and apply gas. I tried to make it happen just letting the clutch out to creep the car fwd and it doesn't make those noise... which is why I'm thinking is susps, or axle related.

Last edited:

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Open the hood and hit the top of the strut tower with silicon spray.

Do the same with the strut bar underneath.

I'm only reminded about the noise when I haven't done that nearing a year or so. (does a lot of sitting)

So I try to remember to do that with tire changes/rotations or/and oil changes.