Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Finally took care of the creaking/squeaky/groaning clutch pedal...

Bought a $5 can of white lithium grease, took 3 minutes to liberally apply to any friction point and inside the spring barrel for the helper spring and its totally quiet and smooth. It feels amazing as well, nice and slick, like it should have from the factory.
It has done this creaking/groaning thing from the first drive of the car, the dealers I called all said they had never heard of it, I had a service writer sit in the car and experience it, wanted me to leave the car half a day to figure it out.

All they needed was a quick search of this forum and all was revealed lol.

What brand did you use and where did you get it? I'm going to lube my clutch this weekend. I've had enough of the groans and sqweeks

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
Picked up a can at Advanced Auto, any brand will do but get white lithium grease and make sure it has the skinny red straw for getting into small areas like the spring bucket.

OP
M
Thread Starter #4
Also, it will not be quiet right after you spray, you'll need to pump the clutch pedal a few times to work it in. With the car off I think I pumped the pedal about 7-10 times until it was silent and smooth.

Also, it will not be quiet right after you spray, you'll need to pump the clutch pedal a few times to work it in. With the car off I think I pumped the pedal about 7-10 times until it was silent and smooth.
Thank you, I'll give it a blast