Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clutch pedal sticking at high RPMs

Hey guys I have a 2016 Fiesta ST. I recently had my transmission go out. I replaced the transmission and also replaced the clutch slave cylinder and put new fluid in it. After all that was changed we bled the lines and my pedal started to stick I noticed that my slave cylinder was leaking so I redropped the transmission and replace the slave cylinder again now nothing is leaking and we bled the lines again but my clutch pedal is sticking whenever I shift hard at high RPMs for example doing a pull. Any other times it will not stick but whenever my RPMs reach the 6000 and I shift it will stick for maybe one second then release any help will be appreciated thank you

PunkST

2000 Post Club
You sure the clutch and pressure plate were still properly aligned when you put it back together a second time?

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
did you install the clutch disc the correct way? You shouldn't be blowing through slaves.

OP
W
Thread Starter #5
did you install the clutch disc the correct way? You shouldn't be blowing through slaves.

Yeah everything was put on correctly I didn't do it by myself I had a mechanic install it for me. The first slave was leaking bad and would get stuck with any type of driving. This one is just shifting doing pulls. I've been told the master is out

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeah everything was put on correctly I didn't do it by myself I had a mechanic install it for me. The first slave was leaking bad and would get stuck with any type of driving. This one is just shifting doing pulls. I've been told the master is out
How many miles are on your car? Check the pedal / firewall on the inside of the car, you can see if its leaking fluid there.

I've dropped a few of these transmissions / done a few clutches. I once put it in backwards and blew up two slaves before I figured it out. its not impossible to make the mistake, even for a mechanic.

edit: reading > me. You didnt change the clutch did you?

OP
W
Thread Starter #7
How many miles are on your car? Check the pedal / firewall on the inside of the car, you can see if its leaking fluid there.

I've dropped a few of these transmissions / done a few clutches. I once put it in backwards and blew up two slaves before I figured it out. its not impossible to make the mistake, even for a mechanic.

edit: reading > me. You didnt change the clutch did you?

I looked at the inside of the car by the pedal and don't see leaks. The vehicle has 78k and yes we did change the clutch. Actually changed the whole transmission due to a bearing going out the transmission was rebuilt and we changed the clutch and slave with it also resurfaced the flywheel.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
If you drop the transmission again to change the slave, check the clutch. Its worth the piece of mind pulling the pressure plate to check that its on the right way. The splined part on the clutch disc should not stick out past the face of the disc very far, there is a long and short side to it.

OP
W
Thread Starter #9
I think I'm going to try the clutch master cylinder first. I dropped that trans twice lol my boss won't let me use the shop anymore. But if need to I will definitely double check it. Thanks Man

josh

I have heard of the crankshaft having too much end play could cause the slave cylinder to overextend itself causing it to fail prematurely. It does not sound like this is your problem but just thought I would mention it.

OP
W
Thread Starter #13
Update: I went to replace the master cylinder and as I was bleeding it the slave began to dump fluid so currently without a car and will have to drop the trans for the third time! Thinking about just getting rid of it

I'n having this issue with mine. Some suggest that is the pedal assembly. Has anyone heard of it? My clutch is stock with untouched transmission. 80,000 Km.