Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clutch Stuck to the Floor Edition 345

After two months of living with a sticking clutch pedal, I'm going to have the slave cylinder replaced. I'm nervous mechanics are going to remove almost everything in the engine bay and not put it back together properly. What recourse do I have if they do a bad job? Are there credit cards that cover bad repairs?

Bar's Leaks had a manual clutch stop leak additive. It's listed everywhere online but they are all out of stock. I emailed them and they said it's been discontinued. It's still sold under the Rislone brand overseas. Australia said they could ship it to me. After prodding them they sent a FedEx quote of AUS $1585 (US $1100) for two bottles. If the product does what it says and doesn't damage the car, why is it impossible to buy it in the US?

OP
E
Thread Starter #63
After two months of living with a sticking clutch pedal, I'm going to have the slave cylinder replaced. I'm nervous mechanics are going to remove almost everything in the engine bay and not put it back together properly. What recourse do I have if they do a bad job? Are there credit cards that cover bad repairs?

Bar's Leaks had a manual clutch stop leak additive. It's listed everywhere online but they are all out of stock. I emailed them and they said it's been discontinued. It's still sold under the Rislone brand overseas. Australia said they could ship it to me. After prodding them they sent a FedEx quote of AUS $1585 (US $1100) for two bottles. If the product does what it says and doesn't damage the car, why is it impossible to buy it in the US?
the slave cylinder is in the transmission. if you think the mechanics you have are gonna rummage around in the engine bay on that repair...you should find new mechanics.

if you want to replace anything before paying to have the slave cylinder replaced, flush and fill the brake fluid with what's recommended on the forum. but if you're actually *leaking* brake fluid, it's probably because your slave clutch cylinder is broken and no "stop leak additive" is gonna fix that.