Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb Accessport Update questions

So it's been a while since I've run my AP manager, so I decided to just run it and check for updates. AP manager updated and then the AP itself had a firmware update and updated that too.

A prompt came up and told me my stock ECU stored in the AP is not the same as the one backed up in my PC and asked me to overwrite the backup. I answered "no" as I'm not sure if that's the result of the firmware update or if my dealer actually updated my ECU (from my 15000 mile checkup). I don't want to lose my original ECU data.

Questions about this:

Should I have chosen "yes" and overwritten it?

Will the prompt come up again when I connect the AP?

What is the filename of my stock ECU data?

Did you by any chance try calling cobb? Im sure they would be more than happy to help you with that and have the best answer for you compared to a forum.

koozy

3000 Post Club
if you uninstalled the AP since you last plug into your computer that's normal and a non-issue. all it's doing is saving the most current ECU. others have had their AP stolen and moved on without the stored ECU data.

OP
doubletap
Thread Starter #4
if you uninstalled the AP since you last plug into your computer that's normal and a non-issue. all it's doing is saving the most current ECU. others have had their AP stolen and moved on without the stored ECU data.
I did uninstall it before I took it to the dealer. No worries then. Thanks for the response.

OP
doubletap
Thread Starter #5
Did you by any chance try calling cobb? Im sure they would be more than happy to help you with that and have the best answer for you compared to a forum.
Since a lot of members here have the AP I was just hoping someone had encountered the same prompt. It's not really enough of an issue to bother calling cobb. It's more like inquiring if it's a normal occurrence.