Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb AccessPort V3 Review on STOCK Fiesta ST

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
What does 1.21 jiggawatts convert into HP on a 1.6L ?

I got 729psi this morning. Got to work 25hours early...

I tried!!!!!!! couldn't get any traction, all the way to 87mph I just left flaming tire marks and smoke behind me!! I wouldn't dare try (88) MPH

OP
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #68
has anyone reported any problems with warranty/service visits with the cobb tune??
I feel like this shouldn't need to be said, but again, UNINSTALL YOUR TUNE BEFORE SERVICE...

Now that I've said that, I have been in for several services now and am at 12k miles, had my AP since 3k miles, no problems.

I apologize in advanced if this was answered already or if this is a stupid question. What if a buddy has an accessPort? Can he flash the custom maps on my car and will it stay ?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I apologize in advanced if this was answered already or if this is a stupid question. What if a buddy has an accessPort? Can he flash the custom maps on my car and will it stay ?
Well yes and no he could but he would have it uninstall it from his car and install it on yours where you could run then OTS maps I am not sure you could run a custom locked map.. as said before they are paired to the vin or ecu depending on AP you are using..

OP
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #72
If your buddy has an AccessPORT and does not have it installed on his Fiesta ST or Focus ST yes you can use his AccessPORT and the maps will stay installed on your Fiesta, but your buddy will now have an accessport that he can't use.

Select AccessTuneRace/ProTune units can install tunes without a separate device, but the tune will always be married to your VIN#.

This is to ensure that to tune your car, you're going to have to buy one accessport per car to have both cars simultaneously tuned.

If your buddy has the tune installed in his car, it cannot be installed on yours. The unlock fee for an accessport is $375.

Thanks for the info gentlemen. OP was in dept and to the point and I still think this bad boy is way worth the money. Just a tad bit concerned on the effects of the motor with longterm use. Any side effects from the guys that have had this thing on for a while?

OP
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #74
13k now no issues yet; my buddy has had his AP with aggressive Randy tunes on it for the better part of a year and he's at like 30k mi IIrC, but thats a FoST.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I get this dumb thing with my Entertainment System where it won't turn on after a reflash though I also had my ipod plugged in then removed it without letting MFT know before I tried to fire up the sound system. Had this happen a few times now OH how I wish there was a radio DELETE option when I bought this car would love to have a simple noise maker and not all this useless glop... On the brite side it did tell me I got a text on my Iphone 5s but it would not read it to me though I could display it nothing else played well.. LOL I know not a tuning issue other than it happens after a reflash and the COBB AP from Mountune with Randy tweaking the tune is nothing short of total fun... Ran his against the newest COBB OTS maps and they are good but his has the lil extra just for my car. When asked about it if confirmed the OTS maps are very well thought out and tuned for what they need to be.. That was pretty cool he tipped his hat to the COBB tuners ..

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Yea my MFT resets after every flash. I have to go in and reset all my sound settings, etc.

Totally annoying.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Are you guys turning your radio completely off before installing your tune. I come from a mustang so I always turn everything off before I plug in the accessport to upload a tune.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Are you guys turning your radio completely off before installing your tune. I come from a mustang so I always turn everything off before I plug in the accessport to upload a tune.
Yup that or hook up a battery charger to be safe ..