Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb Accesstuner & Lights

SICKESSS-ST

Hello,

I installed the Cobb Accesstuner yesterday and now none of my interior lights work [rant], they don't turn on when the doors are open or when turned on manually. Has this happened to anyone else!? Help!!!!!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
WOW that is weird did you try to uninstall and reinstall ??

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
After uninstalling the AP.
Make sure you check the car for proper operation.
Make sure everything works correctly before installing the AP again.

Check the interior light switches and fuses, it may just be a coincidence that something else happened.

Dave

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Are you sure you didn't just accidentally hit the door switch?

OP
SICKESSS-ST

SICKESSS-ST

Thread Starter #6
I uninstalled the tuner, lights did not work. Reinstalled it and lights still don't work, even when turned on manually. Plus, now the passenger side headlight doesn't work either. [rant]

I don't think I hit the door switch.

What's the procedure you are doing to install the AP?

Something does not add up here.

me32

1000 Post Club
Check the fuses. Also was your battery well charged before installing?

OP
SICKESSS-ST

SICKESSS-ST

Thread Starter #9
What's the procedure you are doing to install the AP?

Something does not add up here.

I agree, it's just odd that that happened. I'm following the directions in the manual, I think. Doors closed, Start button on, installed the tuner, hit off button, waited 10-15 seconds, hit on button, hit off button to finish. Did I miss anything!?

OP
SICKESSS-ST

SICKESSS-ST

Thread Starter #10
Check the fuses. Also was your battery well charged before installing?

Battery was fully charged, I didn't get a chance to check the fuses as it was getting late at night, I am doing that today after work. Again it's just odd, IMO, but hopefully that'll be the issue, everything else is working normal, including the tunes, the car feels completely different.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Sounds like you did It right or at least as right as I have done it a few times .. hope it is a wayward fuse box ...

OP
SICKESSS-ST

SICKESSS-ST

Thread Starter #12
Sounds like you did It right or at least as right as I have done it a few times .. hope it is a wayward fuse box ...

I thought I did, I'm pretty anal about following directions so hopefully that's the issue. Do you by chance know if each headlight has its own fuse? I hope so because if that's not the case both should be out and that means a different issue.

I would just uninstall and take it to the dealer. sounds like you have other electrical issues.

That's a very strange issue I have never heard of before! The Accessport does an ECU reset during the install, but that shouldn't affect the interior or exterior lights. I would recommend checking all the fuses, it may have just been a strange coincidence.

Ian

OP
SICKESSS-ST

SICKESSS-ST

Thread Starter #15
That's a very strange issue I have never heard of before! The Accessport does an ECU reset during the install, but that shouldn't affect the interior or exterior lights. I would recommend checking all the fuses, it may have just been a strange coincidence.

Ian

I agree, it is strange. Hopefully it's just a weird coincidence, I'll have time to check the fuses when I get home today.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I thought I did, I'm pretty anal about following directions so hopefully that's the issue. Do you by chance know if each headlight has its own fuse? I hope so because if that's not the case both should be out and that means a different issue.
Looks Like each headlamp has a fuse and if i am reading it correctly it is F37 Headlamp assembly LH and F38 Headlamp assembly RH

OP
SICKESSS-ST

SICKESSS-ST

Thread Starter #17
Looks Like each headlamp has a fuse and if i am reading it correctly it is F37 Headlamp assembly LH and F38 Headlamp assembly RH

Cool, I'm hoping it's just fuses. Thank you so much for checking!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
You are welcome though it should also be labeled on the fuse box cover ..

OP
SICKESSS-ST

SICKESSS-ST

Thread Starter #19
You are welcome though it should also be labeled on the fuse box cover ..

I checked, it was a blown fuse but when I replaced it it blew again. I'm blaming the HID kit for now, I will go through that on Sat as I work 2 jobs the rest of the week. Thanks again!

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I checked, it was a blown fuse but when I replaced it it blew again. I'm blaming the HID kit for now, I will go through that on Sat as I work 2 jobs the rest of the week. Thanks again!
Those cheapo plug-in HID kits are really crap, if you run an HID kit, be sure to also run an separate direct to battery wire-harness with a fuse, do not follow there plug and play directions to use the stock harness.....

ASK ME HOW I KNOW.....ask me...back in my ricer days.....