Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb AP Firmware / OTS maps / AccessTuner Race - Updates

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
FYI....

1) An Access Port firmware update is available for download (Just plug your AP into your computer and pull up AP manager) which looks to improve flash times / logging rates / and I'm sure other features I have yet to discover...but in this current firmware release I did not see an "auto turn off" feature in setup menu yet....

2) Cobb also just sent out a major update for those folks using Cobb's AccessTuner Race Program...looks to be fairly extensive...haven't looked through everything but appears as if more maps have been opened up and made available...

3) Cobb has released a minor update to all (stg1,2,3) OTS maps v20"1"

V201 Maps Now available for download:

http://www.cobbtuning.com/Accesspor...00.htm#/v/accessport/maps/ford/USDM-14-Fiesta

V201 - Minor Update:

"Adjusted high load closed loop fueling for part throttle conditions"

Revision Details:

https://cobb.app.box.com/fiestast-map-notes

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I didn't see anything new other than the "cobb features" part with a launch control exit speed.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Ive been lazy with my updates, but this one might be worth the time.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Holy fucking hell - If I don't get an auto off feature soon I'll.... I'll keep telling them to put it in!

I've had to boost my car probably 3 times because of this little bastard.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #12

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
My only request for cobb is put some fan controls in the map switching. When I'm at the track, It was be really nice to have a "cool down" map in the lanes, and then when I enter the burn out box ( or drive around it ), I could map switch to something with no fans for the run, then when I pull off the track, instantly start cooling everything again to get ready for the next run. Besides that... I love it.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #17
OTS maps rev v201 - Minor Change Made

Here is the minor change made where Cobb adjusted "Closed Loop Fueling (Base)" map only for high load / part throttle conditions...

Fueling appears to have been richened in the newly revised "Closed Loop Fueling" map only for high load / partial throttle conditions which I "suspect" was to reduce incidents seen where negative timing corrections would occur during acceleration in lower gears / low rpm (partial throttle) which would cause a high load transient condition to occur with not enough fueling applied...(disclaimer: I may not have that exactly correct?)

Closed Loop Fueling Map (stg3 /91 OTS v200)

OTS- 91 stg3 v200 - Closed loop fueling base.jpg

Closed Loop Fueling Map (stg3 /91 OTS v201) - Minor Change (shown below)

OTS- 91 stg3 v201 - Closed loop fueling base change.jpg

me32

1000 Post Club
Here is the minor change made where Cobb adjusted "Closed Loop Fueling (Base)" map only for high load / part throttle conditions...

Fueling appears to have been richened in the newly revised "Closed Loop Fueling" map only for high load / partial throttle conditions which I "suspect" was to reduce incidents seen where negative timing corrections would occur during acceleration in lower gears / low rpm (partial throttle) which would cause a high load transient condition to occur with not enough fueling applied...(disclaimer: I may not have that exactly correct?)

Closed Loop Fueling Map (stg3 /91 OTS v200)

View attachment 3951

Closed Loop Fueling Map (stg3 /91 OTS v201) - Minor Change (shown below)

View attachment 3950
So would this gain any performance benifit or only a safety net

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #19
So would this gain any performance benifit or only a safety net
Moreso just a fueling refinement to partial throttle operation was made for an added margin of safety as far as I can tell....Perhaps [MENTION=555]COBB Tuning[/MENTION] will chime in to clarify further for us...

Moreso just a fueling refinement to partial throttle operation was made for an added margin of safety as far as I can tell....Perhaps [MENTION=555]COBB Tuning[/MENTION] will chime in to clarify further for us...
You've got it! There was a previous bug in the XML that prevented the row from being edited. We corrected the issue and cleaned up the table. From what I've seen the vehicle was fueling properly in that condition and generally kicked over to power demand fueling before allowing the last row to be active.

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB