Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb Rear Motor Mount for Fiesta ST Install Video by ModBargains.com

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Just finished up the official installation how-to vid. Wondering how to do the RMM?

Here it is, start to finish.

[video=youtube;tIu9Up3Hi0o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIu9Up3Hi0o[/video]

Cheers,
BlueBomber

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
good video. did a rear mount on my civic si. day and night difference. feel like stiffer mounts are a must

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Does the forward end not just drop out of the bracket? I would assume not if they took the downpipe support bracket off, simply curious as I haven't done this mod yet.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
You may need to persuade it with a light tap from a hammer to get the front 3 hole mount off the factory unit ... Once it is unbolted from the car

OP
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Does the forward end not just drop out of the bracket? I would assume not if they took the downpipe support bracket off, simply curious as I haven't done this mod yet.
I don't understand what you are asking.

When you remove the two long 13mm bolts out comes the Roll Resistor we call the Rear Motor Mount.
Seriously, you will do this in 10m or less once you have the car in the air. i can have mine in and out in under 2 mins now.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I assumed that the whole thing would come out by just removing the two bolts, but the video that you posted shows them taking the entire downpipe support off-hence my question.
I don't understand what you are asking.

When you remove the two long 13mm bolts out comes the Roll Resistor we call the Rear Motor Mount.
Seriously, you will do this in 10m or less once you have the car in the air. i can have mine in and out in under 2 mins now.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I assumed that the whole thing would come out by just removing the two bolts, but the video that you posted shows them taking the entire downpipe support off-hence my question.
If I read this correct then you will need to remove the DP bracket and then remove the two bolts that attach the metal plate to the transaxel once ou have the downpipe bracker off .. as they hold the metal plate of the RMM in place as well as act as a mounting point for the Downpipe bracket..

OP
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
Yes, you have to remove it. If you have a 13mm, you're set. it's not hard or time consuming, easy to disassemble and reassemble.