Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb released a new v1.02 tune

Yup I'm seeing between 24.5 and 26 when I'm pootling around. I was seeing between 29 to 31 on v.101. However, the car feels so on its toes and just pulls anytime, anywhere. Love it to death now. Just need to build a motor mount in the next few weeks to make it truly feel good.

Saw a 21.7 psi spike today in 6th on my way home from work...guess that issue hasn't completely stopped yet. Wonder what's causing it. COBB or anyone else have ideas? It certainly feels a lot better though than when i used to hit 22 psi, the car would stutter for a second while the boost bled out, then resumed as normal. Can't feel anything when the spike occurs this time around using v.102. It's still smooth as silk.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #44
I've lost 1.5mpg. Power > fuel mileage on this car :)

Shmi

Hmm. I updated, drove until half a tank was gone, refilled, reset my mpg meter and have since gone through another half tank. It's still reading 27mpg like it was before. This is on the 93 octane tune. My economy doesn't seem to have taken a hit and I've been on the throttle just as much as before. I'll have to do the numbers by hand next time I fill up to compare the mpg readout to actuality.

@ spooledupst. You making a rmm?
Yes but not the whole setup, just an insert. I could make the whole thing but I'm not sure if I'll go that far. I'm new at machining so I'll start light.
I've got access to CNC lathes at work and through my boss' shop. It's just a project I want to try and see from beginning to end. Using Delrin as I can get it through work for cheapish. I think a 1 ft. by 3 inch piece of stock is around $20 and I'm going through McMaster-Carr to get it so they upcharge a bit. Same with a custom Delrin knob...want one a tiny bit taller than COBB's as I still think it may be a bit too short. All of this is just trial and error no plans for production just one off pieces.

TheStig

I feel bad about mileage issues some are seeing. I just took a road trip of about 200 miles, half of which was mostly uphill highway. Some windey slow stuff too. And it only used half a tank on that 200 mile journey. So in theory im getting almost 40MPG on Stage 1 91octane V102.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
City driving im getting 20mpg with 93 tune and oct. I used to get 25mpg on the older versions.

To me, the v100 felt crazy and violent. When v101 came out, I made the switch and could definitely feel the difference. It felt much more tame. Almost too tame. I was getting 32mpg combined but it felt too close to stock. I switched back to the v100 and my right foot instantly got heavier. It resulted in 24.5mpg combined for one tank. Waaaay too low for me. I switched to the v102 when it came out and it feels like the perfect balance for me. I'm sitting right at 30mpg combined and it feels much smoother.

I took a 50/50 hwy/city trip over the weekend and hit around 28mpg on a fresh tank of 93... I was dogging it hard on some back mountain roads too. I refilled and will see what I get this time around with more city than hwy...

Alright guys I need some help. Flashed my car about 150 miles ago. I'm still not getting any boost in 1st gear. First gear reads -8/-9 psi all the way to redline. Anyone else have this issue? I'm running the 91 v102 stage 1.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Alright guys I need some help. Flashed my car about 150 miles ago. I'm still not getting any boost in 1st gear. First gear reads -8/-9 psi all the way to redline. Anyone else have this issue? I'm running the 91 v102 stage 1.
Whats your boost in all the other gears, maybe you have a leak?

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Boost is fine in the other gears. It's only first.
Hmm, still seems weird that your seeing -8, I would think you would at the very least see 0psi. Try reseting yout "kam" or whatever it is, and see if that does anything

Re flashed today and I still see the same thing. No just to clarify I do see negative 8-9 when cruising in all gears and then it rises as I give it throttle.

-#'s are normal when not on boost because your on vacuum.

Never paid attention to boost in first yet as I shift quickly to 2nd..... Boost is 1st would be nothing but tire spin.

That's what I figured mosh, but I remembered everyone saying how great boost in first gear was. My first gear hasn't changed.