Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb released a new v1.02 tune

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Well shoot and I can not find them in the archives. Wonder why.. can we share OTS maps ??

No reason why not if you have the original files. Weird though there's no section for fiesta st maps in the archives on COBBs site yet.

Alright guys I need some help. Flashed my car about 150 miles ago. I'm still not getting any boost in 1st gear. First gear reads -8/-9 psi all the way to redline. Anyone else have this issue? I'm running the 91 v102 stage 1.
Under full throttle, correct? 1. Traction control can cut the throttle blade to prevent boost/wheelspin. 2. Make sure all of your IC hoses are well connected and tight. Any leaks from the turbo all the way to the throttle body can cause boost leaks.

Well shoot and I can not find them in the archives. Wonder why.. can we share OTS maps ??
You can share OTS maps. We only keep the newest map files on our website because they are the latest and greatest: the best mapping strategies and any bug fixes.

Ian

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Ian why am I getting negative reading with my ign corr cyl1 consistently? I always use 93oct from either BP or Sunoco but the last fillup was at BP.
Is this dangerous for my engine?

Ian why am I getting negative reading with my ign corr cyl1 consistently? I always use 93oct from either BP or Sunoco but the last fillup was at BP.
Is this dangerous for my engine?
It sounded like on another forum these are readings from going full throttle in high gears from low RPM. These are very high load situations, so negative corrections would be normal as the car is protecting itself. In higher gears, we recommend downshifting when at very low RPM if you want to go full throttle.

Ian

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #70
It sounded like on another forum these are readings from going full throttle in high gears from low RPM. These are very high load situations, so negative corrections would be normal as the car is protecting itself. In higher gears, we recommend downshifting when at very low RPM if you want to go full throttle.

Ian
Good to hear. After poking holes in my air box, I've started to get some knock correction where I never had it before. I just need to double check now to make sure its not because i'm using the motor like a diesel.

Good to hear. After poking holes in my air box, I've started to get some knock correction where I never had it before. I just need to double check now to make sure its not because i'm using the motor like a diesel.
Have you noticed much difference between running the air box with and without the extra holes? I've been thinking of knocking a few in facing the left light assembly and possibly at the bottom of the air box to imitate the mountune set up.

Any more noise, any faster spool, obviously you noticed some knock correction. Any ill effects on how the car drives? Also any effect on IATs?

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #72

I made sure the holes are away from the heat. Intake temps are the same. I didn't want any holes in the bottom close to water. I'm also using the stock 1" thick paper air filter. But yes, a bit more turbo sound. I can't "feel" anymore power, but I wasn't expecting to. But its obvious its getting more air since it did not knock before. But you have to consider I'm running a big catless exhaust too.

Me personally, I still have my heart set on fabbing up an air intake like 2j racings race car where the filter goes inside the cowl above the turbo. So ghetto cutting holes in the stock air intake is just a temp quick mod for me.

I've been on the fence with cutting up my stock intake for a long time. I've been considering making my own air box like mountunes at work but haven't gotten around to measuring and figuring out how big a box to fabricate. I'd be running with stock exhaust at the moment. Wonder if that would cause anything to go haywire.