Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb Sport Springs - real world feedback?

Chris G

Hi guys - I've been looking at Cobb, Mountune, and Eibach springs over the last couple of weeks. While there is a lot of good information out there on these springs, especially for the Mountune and Eibach, it seems some of that information is scattered and tough to find.

That being said, I'm interested in learning more about the Cobb springs. Do any users have feedback, pictures, etc. they can contribute to this thread? I'm sure I can't be the only one wanting to know more about the ride vs. stock, handling, etc.

Thank you!

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Hi guys - I've been looking at Cobb, Mountune, and Eibach springs over the last couple of weeks. While there is a lot of good information out there on these springs, especially for the Mountune and Eibach, it seems some of that information is scattered and tough to find.

That being said, I'm interested in learning more about the Cobb springs. Do any users have feedback, pictures, etc. they can contribute to this thread? I'm sure I can't be the only one wanting to know more about the ride vs. stock, handling, etc.

Thank you!
Cobb Sport Springs, Mountune, and Eibach Prokit springs are all manufactured by Eibach which are essentially all the same progressive wound spring design...

Here is what Cobb's Sport Springs looked like installed on mine....Very pleased with the ride and handling afterwards...A touch stiffer than stock, but they definitely helped reduce roll during cornering...Since they are progressively wound springs they still allow for a near stock feel during typically daily driving conditions...

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...Red-Build-Thread?p=55181&viewfull=1#post55181

OP
Chris G

Chris G

Thread Starter #3
Thank you - I've checked out your thread many times. :)

While each spring is made by Eibach, it seems each one is slightly different. I always here about how great the Mountune's handle and feel on a DD. I haven't heard much about that on the Cobb springs. Maybe it's because they are relatively new still?

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thank you - I've checked out your thread many times. :)

While each spring is made by Eibach, it seems each one is slightly different. I always here about how great the Mountune's handle and feel on a DD. I haven't heard much about that on the Cobb springs. Maybe it's because they are relatively new still?
I know Eibach Prokits and Cobb Sport Springs are nearly identical with the same drops...Just rebranded for Cobb...

Mountune also had Eibach develop their Springs using a similar spring design so I doubt they'd feel that much different...

Personally I think Mountune did a better job at marketing theirs stating their springs were design to be used with the stock shocks and struts...However Eibach designs all their springs with the same considerations!

OP
Chris G

Chris G

Thread Starter #5
This is going to sound crazy and OCD (but who am I kidding)... the reason I am considering Cobb springs is because I know I want Cobb other stuff and want it to 'match'...

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
This is going to sound crazy and OCD (but who am I kidding)... the reason I am considering Cobb springs is because I know I want Cobb other stuff and want it to 'match'...
btw...they have been known to price match...doesn't hurt to ask ;)

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I know Eibach Prokits and Cobb Sport Springs are nearly identical with the same drops...Just rebranded for Cobb...

Mountune also had Eibach develop their Springs using a similar spring design so I doubt they'd feel that much different...

Personally I think Mountune did a better job at marketing theirs stating their springs were design to be used with the stock shocks and struts...However Eibach designs all their springs with the same considerations!
Not all. The Sportline springs are designed for stock shocks.
I have Cobb springs, Ive had them for about 6k miles now and can say I love them. Perfect drop.

OP
Chris G

Chris G

Thread Starter #9
You both should throw up a few pics on here for those wondering...

My goal is to have a one-stop thread for the Cobb springs to help others out moving forward

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
You both should throw up a few pics on here for those wondering...

My goal is to have a one-stop thread for the Cobb springs to help others out moving forward
Before and after pics???

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Agreed...as are Eibach Prokits and Cobb Sport Springs
Actually meant to say aren't lol. They lower the car beyond the avg 1''. Designed encompasses a lot of different variable. Design could mean fit lol. In my experience using eibach (which I have on all my cars) Pro-kits never wore down my shocks.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Actually meant to say aren't lol. They lower the car beyond the avg 1''. Designed encompasses a lot of different variable. Design could mean fit lol. In my experience using eibach (which I have on all my cars) Pro-kits never wore down my shocks.
yes.... I understand the theory and variables involved...Their Prokit series springs are progressively wound and designed to work with the stock shocks and struts....At least that's what Eibach told me when speaking with them directly....I've had very good experience in the past using their Prokits with OEM shocks...

If your referencing Eibach's Sport Line series which lower >1" then I would agree...

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
yes.... I understand the theory and variables involved...Their Prokit series springs are progressively wound and designed to work with the stock shocks and struts....At least that's what Eibach told me when speaking with them directly....I've had very good experience in the past using their Prokits with OEM shocks...

Your referencing Eibach's Sport Line series which lower >1"? which then I would agree...
Yes sportlines, Insane 1.5''+ drops. Stock shocks need not apply. lol

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Yes sportlines, Insane 1.5''+ drops. Stock shocks need not apply. lol
yeah that is an aggressive drop for just springs...If I wanted to lower +1.5" I'd probably install coilovers instead...But the ProKits (Cobb Sport Springs) seem to fit my needs very well..

me32

1000 Post Club
So are the specs exactly the same from prokit, cobb, Mountune. Or does each have there own specs but all made by Eibach.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
So are the specs exactly the same from prokit, cobb, Mountune. Or does each have there own specs but all made by Eibach.
I would imagine that the Mountune springs (manufactured by Eibach) have a slightly different spec due to the larger drop they call out....However both Eibach ProKit and Cobb Sport Springs (manufactured by Eibach) post the exact same drops and rates....

OP
Chris G

Chris G

Thread Starter #20
And IIRC the Eibach and Cobb rates are very close to stock.