Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Nice, thanks. Last question, any place you guys recommend buying from? Or they pretty much all the same when it comes to the AP?
I bought it directly from Cobb, fast 2 day shipping from Texas, call ahead to make sure they have it in stock

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
They only the package with the AP and the drop in filter for $520. Is the filter worth it? I don't mind buying that if the filter is worth it.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
They only the package with the AP and the drop in filter for $520. Is the filter worth it? I don't mind buying that if the filter is worth it.
You can get just the AP, like I said, give them a call and they can do that for you

airjor13

2000 Post Club
and yes the drop-in is well worth it, its the same as a Green Filter with COBB logo on it, makes great power!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Nice, thanks. Last question, any place you guys recommend buying from? Or they pretty much all the same when it comes to the AP?
We have a few Vendors here on site and there is FSWERKS which gives you their tunes (when they are ready..) aka Maps as well as COBB OTS maps too.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I just bought it from Cobb with the filter. I'll pick up FSWerks when they come out, if I want. But thanks for the heads up! Can't wait for mine!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Good choice I hope it makes you as happy as mine makes me :) best Mod To date for me personally ;)

and yes the drop-in is well worth it, its the same as a Green Filter with COBB logo on it, makes great power!
It actually doesnt even have the Cobb logo on it. It just says greenfilter.com on it. You get lots of lovely sounds once you make the swap.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
It actually doesnt even have the Cobb logo on it. It just says greenfilter.com on it. You get lots of lovely sounds once you make the swap.
Even better. Now onto a intake. Can't make up my mind on which one, or to just wait for somebody else to come out with one. Decisions, decisions...

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
See if you can get the montune Cobb edition?
Do they sell a AP yet ? from what I got from Ken at Mountune the COBB they are going to use will be a different firmware making it exclusive to the Mountune maps and software keeping with the Ford warranty is my guess .

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Crap, so Mountune will have a accessport too but their's will keep the warranty? I just bought the Cobb one!!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Crap, so Mountune will have a accessport too but their's will keep the warranty? I just bought the Cobb one!!
Mountune will ONLY use Mountune tunes and will need to be Dealer install to keep warranty last i saw I think the cost is somewhere around 1200$ for the M215 kit..
But I could be mistaken there on price as I don't watch it that close since I have a different route planned...

airjor13

2000 Post Club
You made the right choice with COBB, just my 2 cents unless you want to drop $1300 not including install............

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Oh, you're talking about the M215 package. Though you meant an off the shelve tune like Cobb.

Will it be possible to merge the two? Once the M215 comes out.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Oh, you're talking about the M215 package. Though you meant an off the shelve tune like Cobb.

Will it be possible to merge the two? Once the M215 comes out.
No, from my understanding, although the Mountune will share the same hardware as the COBB AP, the tunes will not be interchangeable between the two..

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Oh, okay. That makes sense. Keeping your customer base on your product, understandable.

I hope I made the right decision with the Cobb then. Guess we'll see.

OP
M
Thread Starter #40
The power is amazing, the combination between the montune intake and the Cobb tune from fswerks! Wow! And what a growl!