Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Comparing Powerflex Race Beam Bushing to DNA Uniball

I just received my PowerFlex Black (Race) Rear Beam bushings and when looking for information I came across a thread where the potential downsides to these bushings are discussed, but not in as much detail as I wanted. Now I am debating if I made a bad call. I would like to hear opinions on these vs the Uniball setup. If I am understanding the concern would be that the poly bushings may not stand up well to the side to side movement that the beam will get during cornering and impacts. Again if understood correctly the uniball acts like more of a rod end/spherical bushing and would move in all directions without concern of binding?

Car is going to be setup for track and race. Car will occasionally be street driven, but comfort is not a requirement at all. I simply want the best performance on track/Auto-X.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The PowerFlex is a good middle between full race and street with some amount of give.
The Uniball should be used for full race only.
The condition of most roads would cause the Uniball to be almost unbearable.
On a race courses the surface is usually well kept and you don't have to worry about potholes.

Just my 2¢ worth.