Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

conclusion: stage 2 aka >25lbs of boost needs symposer clamps or delete

danbfree

3000 Post Club
now that I've lived without the symposer for a few days I can't decide if I liked it or not. the car is bland and relaxing without it.

I would LOVE for it to be on a switch or configured to only be on when speed (not just load) is increasing. I love sitting on the highway without it, but would like it when accelerating from a light.
Absolutely, if you want to go past Stage 1/Cobb stage 2 you need to do a symposer delete but also really, really should do a muffler delete/swap to glasspack at least too, it's dangerously quiet with the lack of feedback without the symposer... And it's not even the symposer sounds that bad, it's really fully analog sound (made by a kazoo box)at least, but with it being a real leak risk past stock boost levels, it's right up there after RMM to go along with your AP and if you are used to having feedback it can be dangerous chasing that feedback if you delete it with no exhaust mods.

OP
theblue
Thread Starter #22
this is my daily car with some road trips. I'm very torn about unleashing that 1.6 liter noise but would like it louder

Mikey456

I enjoy the sound. I know, one of the few.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I enjoy the sound too of the sound symposer too. But I put a rubber reducer at the end of the hose to reduce the sound a bit in the cabin (i think i am the only one that does that) . I am running stock boost levels, however. If I were to add boost the car I would probably remove the symposer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I dumped the symposer even on the factory snail/boost level/tune as a preemptive effort to stave off as many boost leak points as possible.

IF it can leak at 25 lbs., it can also leak at 20. [wink]

danbfree

3000 Post Club
this is my daily car with some road trips. I'm very torn about unleashing that 1.6 liter noise but would like it louder
It's pretty simple, the stock exhaust is quiet for obvious reasons, it's way easier to put a quiet exhaust on for noise concerns and throw on some fake noise instead for driver feedback. With this car not intended to make big power levels anyway, it was even easier for Ford not to worry about boost leaks at 19.5psi on a small turbo that adding that contraption might cause. Sure, like the motor and everything else in this car, there are tolerances for additional strain but it's going past 25 psi is when that can strain it to a low leak over time. No I don't think it would really ever leak until it literally ages to that point, maybe after 150k plus at stock boost levels, but who wants that risk when your are tuned at all? Besides, with timing adding power you can make as much as people on 26.75 psi tunes with a tune that adds timing at 24.5psi, so it's not "all" about boost levels either. But I digress, you can do a symposer delete and still dial in the right sound by other interested and exhaust mods and there are many different combinations available, a good higher end sport muffler will give you just enough sound without being loud and droning at all too, so make it just goes you want it, but it's impossible to know until you try a muffler yourself, which sucks! Lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I enjoy the sound. I know, one of the few.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I'm glad to hear this, I was starting to think I was the only one. I know the removal is a mod many people do, but personally I really like the symposer generated sound. The "grunting flapping" type sound, especially at lower RPM, I find enjoyable✔️