Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Consensus on the best lowering springs?

What year is your car? I have a '19 and just swapped to Mountunes from stock this past weekend. The ride is noticeably worse around town. I didn't tell my daughter I did anything and she asked me if the road got bumpier, she is 11. Far more jiggle and the ride only dropped 1/4 inch at 3 corners and 1/8 in the right front. I'm hoping it will settle as many have reported. The reason I ask your year is because around '17 they changed the suspension according to many on this site. My guess is if you go from the older car's harsher stock springs to Mountunes you notice it is a better ride. If you go from the later softened suspension like I did, you notice a worse ride.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
What year is your car? I have a '19 and just swapped to Mountunes from stock this past weekend. The ride is noticeably worse around town. I didn't tell my daughter I did anything and she asked me if the road got bumpier, she is 11. Far more jiggle and the ride only dropped 1/4 inch at 3 corners and 1/8 in the right front. I'm hoping it will settle as many have reported. The reason I ask your year is because around '17 they changed the suspension according to many on this site. My guess is if you go from the older car's harsher stock springs to Mountunes you notice it is a better ride. If you go from the later softened suspension like I did, you notice a worse ride.
That's a good thought process. Maybe the later cars it makes it worse. Interesting theory.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mikey456

I’m on Swift springs. I noticed little things like changing the tire pressure helps with the ride too. Also, I would imagine smaller wheels taller tires would do even more for ride quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't actually live near a track so these might be overkill, I'm more looking for daily drivability and aesthetics
For daily drivability OE is the way to go. Honestly would recommend you look at swapping tires to a 215/40R17 to help fill the arches if that’s your concern aesthetically. Dampers are going to be much more worthwhile for daily duty than springs if you’re only replacing one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If our factory springs were just a little bit higher rate (like equal to, or slightly above Swift Spec R rates), and the same height as they are now, I personally would just throw them on some B6es, and be done with it! [wink] [:)]

OP
Esoterikk
Thread Starter #26
Mines a '15. I decided to just go ahead and order the eibach kit after talking it over with my tuner and doing some reading through multiple threads.

I installed some Koni Oranges on the rear and left the front struts stock with Mountune springs all around. Big improvement! For my daily, this is what I wanted. I haven't put it through the paces yet but the ride is much more acceptable. I hope to ring it out this weekend if the weather holds but I live in the Seattle area so wish me luck with that.

So from my experience with a '19 the stock ride was somewhat choppy and little stiffer than I wanted but livable. I swapped to the Mountune springs which I read over and over again had a better ride than stock. This turned out not to be the case for me as the ride was very giggly, bouncy, rough and basically shitty. It gave me a headache on the less than ideal freeway I have to travel a few times per week. This lead me to order and install a set of Koni Orange Str.t on the rear and it has solved my problem. The ride is much smoother, no head snap over bumps and it just a much more enjoyable car to drive.

I have the Pierce 2 point front lower brace (traction bar) and I am considering ordering the rear torsion bar especially if I'm not as happy with handling in the rear once I get a chance to push it. I think if do get the rear bar, that will be the end of my suspension modding. I'm pretty happy with where it is now.

Very happy with Eibachs and Koni orange on my 17. Its improved the ride markedly. Still crisp enough for me when I am pushing it but so much smoother when I am not..

Nice!
I have my Dekas with Mountune springs and stock struts, I think I’ll go B8s if my stockers take a dump.
I would have preffered the Bilsteins I think, but Tirerack had 20% off the Koni's, and I got the Eibachs used but new in the box for super cheap. I ended up at like $550 for all new everything, strut mounts and bearings, end links, the powerflex rear pads. To cheap to pass up even it may not have been very first choice.

$145 shipped for the Eibachs and $290 shipped for the Konis is nothing.

Guys, Koni Hypergrams R17 with Mountune Springs and Koni Orange will work with 215/40 Tires ??

I am kind of tired with that feeling with stock struts and suspension since my city has a bunch of potholes. What will be the correct route?

Guys, Koni Hypergrams R17 with Mountune Springs and Koni Orange will work with 215/40 Tires ??

I am kind of tired with that feeling with stock struts and suspension since my city has a bunch of potholes. What will be the correct route?
Not positive about the fitment with the 17's, but I like my Koni orange a lot now that I have some miles on them.

For those after a nice comfy daily setup with a minor drop, and mild prices I dont think anyone would be disappointed with decent springs and the cheap Koni's.

The Whitelines are stiffer - I believe the stock rate is around 170F and 135R (going off memory), while the Whitelines are roughly 220F and 165R.
How many inches the Whiteline spring drops? It says 1.25’ but in real life is 1.0’???

They feel stiffer than OEM?

I think they were more of a drop than that, but maybe it was only 1.25". I think they felt quite a bit stiffer than OEM, but if you don't daily them on horrible roads like I do you might not notice as much.

I have read this stament for another post. Why sellers show less drops for Eibach and real life has different results?

If you want better suspension response with handling and not dropping the car to low go with Swift or Whiteline. HR and Eibach drop the car lower.”

ronmcdon

^
where is that?

Can't give feedback on springs for the fiesta but in past years I've tried different springs for daily driven vehicles. my favorite so far has been swift springs paired with koni yellows. I have that on my daily driven civic hybrid. for me its usually a good combo between the feedback from the linear springs and a ride that's not overly harsh for daily driving. would have gone for this setup with my fiesta but don't care for the more aggressive drop with the available swift r's

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^
where is that?

Can't give feedback on springs for the fiesta but in past years I've tried different springs for daily driven vehicles. my favorite so far has been swift springs paired with koni yellows. I have that on my daily driven civic hybrid. for me its usually a good combo between the feedback from the linear springs and a ride that's not overly harsh for daily driving. would have gone for this setup with my fiesta but don't care for the more aggressive drop with the available swift r's
I believe that is the largest(??) city in Columbia (or does Cali get that distinction?), but mindmaster will have to confirm.

IF the Swift Spec Rs only dropped the car a quarter inch or less, they'd be on my car right now, paired with B6es. [wink]