Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Coolant Intrusion Cylinder #1

OP
P
Thread Starter #22
FleaBay is where everyone goes to get rid of their junk. I quit futzing with'em many years ago. It was great when initially joined mid-late 2000s. By 2012 or so things started gradually going downhill. I eventually quit repairing small electronics as a result. My return rates were so high that I began labeling myself an "unpaid product tester"; repeatedly double/tripled my time frames, workload, decreased customer satisfaction and negatively impacted margins. Most returns were a fight about return shipment cost and would take 1 to 3 weeks to get anything back after receipt. I've seen/dealt with every trick in the book ranging from deleted feedback to intentionally exchanging for an incompatible (read: cheap) replacement under "lieftime warranty". Didn't matter whether I dealt with Joe Blow seller with 100% positive or Big Corp Name with >600,000 transactions, the experiences were the same. Last year I needed a part off a rear caliper bracket for my motorcycle (now trashed due to rear-ender at >60MPH) that was unavailable anywhere but FleaBay so had the motorcycle repair shop order the whole caliper. Got the small part I needed off the caliper bracket but the caliper itself was of course junk. Of course the FleaBay seller didn't disclose.
Yeah,
ebay has gone pretty far downhill over the last 5-10 years for sure.
The hobby level/amateur sellers being all but gone is probably the worst thing to happen, since most of the really good deals left with those guys.

10,000 auctions of duplicate chinese junk for every search term imaginable is another nail in ebay's coffin.

I'm glad salvage yards list stuff like engines,
and I have to say,
this seller did end up standing behind the engine they sent.

After a few pictures and answering some questions, they made things right very quickly.

It doesn't explain how a bad engine could get sent out,
but their return was handled efficiently, professionally and fairly enough that I'd absolutely give this seller and their staff the benefit of the doubt.

OP
P
Thread Starter #23
You might have seen mine on FB …. Rod #4 broke at the track and buzzsaw’d the block, oil pan, and starter.

I was 118 MPH when it blew. Oil and coolant hit the back tires, and I went spinning. The gravel trap saved me.
Wow!
Now there's an engine that died doing what it loved to do!

That makes every engine I've ever grenaded look like sad rookie attempts :LOL:

Sorry for all the carnage, I'm glad the driver stayed in one piece anyway! :cool:

My engine seller made things right for me in the end, like your seller did,
& I'll be sure to check out any other salvage engines I buy within a day or two next time instead of waiting a couple weeks (after the holidays) to unwrap.

For what its worth - was able to hunt and find a 27K mile motor at a salvage yard. Included manifolds and turbo (Included everything really but the starter, alternator, and AC Pump). Clean engine and in the car for about a week now. Engine was $2600 with delivery