Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Coolant temps

Just making sure all is normal, have a mishimoto radiator and stock thermostat, at idle it sits around 187-188F and then 182-187F during driving. Ambient temperature is 55F outside. Everything all good? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just making sure all is normal, have a mishimoto radiator and stock thermostat, at idle it sits around 187-188F and then 182-187F during driving. Ambient temperature is 55F outside. Everything all good? Thank you!

That sounds really good! Mines been up to 216 idling in 80 degree weather. I'm still on the stock radiator though.
Since we're on the topic of coolant temps, what temp would y'all consider too high?

sounds about right, got the exact same numbers on mine

I have the Mountune rad and stock thermostat, and did do I think maybe 2 bottles of water wetter (cant remember for sure). When temps are in the 40's and 50's I'm at 192-197 highway cruising. But the temp essentially doesn't change idling nor in hotter temps. Its been near 100 and sitting for 15 mins idling with AC on its basically the same. But, even the slightest grade increase and I can watch the temp go up. It's never high enough it seems scary, but I dunno.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I also have a Mishimoto and I e never seen more than 200 during track time, usually high 180s street driving.