Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cooling Fan Failure

This cost me a bit of money, but it's all working again. It started out as the A/C going off and on erratically. I figured it ws an A/C control issue. But then I saw a pattern: as long as the car was moving, there was no issue. As soon as I stopped for several red lights in a row or got stuck in traffic, the A/C would go off, blowing hot air. And then the temp would rise. A couple times I heard that chime that tells me that the temp gauge is all the way up. Upon checking I realized the cooling fan was never coming on. As I live in Phoenix and the air temp is in the 105 range during the day, being stuck in traffic without a cooling fan is a bad idea.

I checked the fuse, but it's never that simple.

Sanderson Ford, with the biggest parts department here, worked me in and $868 later it's all fixed.

Wow, that's way more than I expected...must be mostly labor trying to get at it under that crowded engine bay. Actually it was mostly the part: nearly $500 but it was in stock. So of course I fixed it. And ultimately don't mind that it was expensive because I prefer having Ford fix it rather than some private garage. This is BIG PICKUP town, and nobody's ever seen a car so small as a Fiesta. (Hahaha)

So what was the issue?

Currently having similar problems. I replaced the Fan Control Module with a Dorman 902-503 and the fan kicked out and seemed to be working again. Then the next day on the way to work, I noticed temps climbing up to 217 when stopped at a light, when I made it to work, I noticed the fan wasn't kicking on again.

Did they replace the whole fan assembly?

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
YOU ALWAYS REPLACE THE WHOLE ASY

I WAS DUE FOR MIINE LIKE 160K ISH

I ALSO NOTICED AIR NOT WORKING TO GOOD WHEN TAKING OFF FOR LUNCH.....THEN OVER HEATED IN THE DRIVE THROUGH LOL

So what was the issue?

Currently having similar problems. I replaced the Fan Control Module with a Dorman 902-503 and the fan kicked out and seemed to be working again. Then the next day on the way to work, I noticed temps climbing up to 217 when stopped at a light, when I made it to work, I noticed the fan wasn't kicking on again.

Did they replace the whole fan assembly?
If you haven't already I would first check the fan relay. Its possible its just a $10 part.