Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cooper S R53 W11 (300hp) 335i E92 N54 (620hp) Fiesta St (3xx?) 😎

wetwea33

I think know i understand, and i was thinking early one that a single aux fuel would be sufficient, if i need it!

I think i'm going to try 1st the CP5 kit has it comes, then i go to my local friend who tunes everything from Porsche, Ferrari, N54, N55, Etanol, Meth, Single Turbos, the guy is really really good, he just tuned a McLaren 720S with upgraded exhaust and the owner of the car has the record of 100-200 on draggy in Portugal and go for a custom tune. All cars are different and a flash is always different from a custom tune, i think we all agree on that, even considering that the CP5 tune should be extremely good. So few more things wanted to ask to see if it's worth it...

If i try to stay only on 98ron what else can i do to push up a bit the turbo kit apart from a custom tune? Crossover pipe/exhaust camshaft/lpfp/ported manifold/1 step colder plugs?

I mean it's not hard for me to blend , just a bit more time consuming taking the 10L barrel to the gas station, top up and put another 20L to make E40 to run single aux fuel...

The car has only 53.000 km , i'm certain that if on the tune the torque delivery is smooth out a bit there's less stress on the engine therefore you can make more power on top... I had 850NM and 630bhp on my N54 but my tuner smooth out the torque delivery to spare the gearbox and engine...

There's a lot to discuss here but like you said @wetwea33 single aux fuel seems so simple and works with OEM fuel system, it's just a controller, no extra pumps, etc...

I had Aem V2 Meth on my Mini which was the holy grail for the R53 platform because of being a Top Mount IC and Iats being outrageous with a smaller pulley but it's something i don't even think about it for this platform [emoji106]

Anything else you suggest? The CP5 kit looks amazing, i'm going with Mongoose Decat + Injectors + Itg Intake + Airtec Stage 3 and their S280 actuator looks very very good [emoji846]

They say i don't need Bov or Crossover pipe neither Ported Manifold...

Open to all suggestions and sorry only seen the last few posts on here today [emoji123]
Good rule of thumb for bhp to whp is 15% less for whp. With your setup with the injectors you could make around 300whp on 98ron (slightly better then our 93) which is ~350bhp. After that you will be octane limited. The lpfp is only necessary with full e85. All you really need with this is the intercooler, downpipe, definetly a bov, and go with an upgrade wga. Everyrhing else is subjective and won't give you anymore gains. If your gonna go with the injectors I don't see the point in getting aux fuel as well. I would go one route or the other. Meth could be run in place of both injectors and aux fuel for more fuel if you want to go that route. The upgrade cam could also be used in conjunction with the injectors to push the oem hpfp even further and squeeze more power out. The manifold won't gain you any power but a stock ported manifold can help with spool. Also these cars have the most retardedly complex ecus. Anyone who doesn't have experience tuning them is gonna have a hard time at first no matter what they have experience with.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
J
Thread Starter #22
The Cp5 comes with upgraded wga so that's done πŸ‘ I was actually refering to a ported stock manifold also like you said... So the kit has it comes does 350bhp without a doubt due to the larger injectors... I can see maybe the upgraded cam and target to 380 with a custom tune?

Attachments

wetwea33

The Cp5 comes with upgraded wga so that's done πŸ‘ I was actually refering to a ported stock manifold also like you said... So the kit has it comes does 350bhp without a doubt due to the larger injectors... I can see maybe the upgraded cam and target to 380 with a custom tune?
Possibly but like i said your going to be octane limted with pump fuel to a point. You could also run meth injection and tune for it and never have to worry about mixing and getting barrels which seems like too much work for a daily. You could make very similar power as running e40/aux and also get the valve cleaning properties. I Think that would probably be the best bet for you. You also would get better gas mileage then running an ethanol mix.

OP
J
Thread Starter #24
Possibly but like i said your going to be octane limted with pump fuel to a point. You could also run meth injection and tune for it and never have to worry about mixing and getting barrels which seems like too much work for a daily. You could make very similar power as running e40/aux and also get the valve cleaning properties. I Think that would probably be the best bet for you. You also would get better gas mileage then running an ethanol mix.
True, my N54 on E40 a tank didn't last long πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Although i have to put things into perspective, i work in UK but live in Portugal so i only use the car 2weeks a month , the other 2weeks i'm onboard a ship...

I'll get the Cp5 kit see how happy i feel about it and go from there πŸ‘

I want to avoid meth do to wiring + pump + tank, too much hassle, the single aux fuel seems much simple and i can always have a tune for 98 Ron and another for E40 aux fuel..

1st things 1st so let's see how it handles with 98 Ron, my only comparison was my Mini R53 which had 290bhp and extra 160kg so 350/370 and less 160kg must feel a rocket pocket bullet πŸ’ͺ

Not going to put the 335i here in the equation, just apples to apples...

A camshaft it's not mega bucks, if that helps with a custom tune i'll do it :)

"If your gonna go with the injectors I don't see the point in getting aux fuel as well" @wetwea33 this part i didn't understood, you referring to my goals of 380bhp, correct?

"Anyone who doesn't have experience tuning them is gonna have a hard time at first no matter what they have experience with." Also this i'll ask you guys to do a remote tune with the experts, to be honest my local guy haven't done any Fists yet...

When i did my N54 it was with a American guy , which today is my friend, from stock to turbos, to ethanol, overdrive pump, etc...

Most of it was on the road then final tunes on the dyno to verify evolution, etc...

Some tuners like road, some like Dyno...

On the 335i on the final spec (Ethanol + Overdrive + Stage 3 lpfp) took around 11 revisions but he was very quick on turn around because he knew half of the month i was off the car...

We usually did 3/4 maps in one session, just log, send, revision, map, log, revision, map while he was working in his workshop, i would wait on the side of the road, he's amazing on the N54/N55/B58/S55 platform...

But didn't want to take too much time to tune this time around although i'm going straight to a big kit so it's far easier and quicker...

The N54 was bit by bit like IC then Downpipes, Inlets, Outlets, then Turbos, then Overdrive, then Ethanol so was about 30 revisions in the end...