Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cupholder chrome trim pealing

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Your car might be still under warranty.

Part# is D1BZ-5813562-A

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
It's a 2014 so I doubt it. Stupid oversized Sonic cup started the pealing. Might try pulling the trim ring out and painting it depending on how expensive a replacement piece is

the duke

It's held with about 6X clips. I just grabbed a spare off ebay for like 30 bucks.

xxiaze

I pulled my trim piece off and repainted it to metallic black. Mine as well was peeling.

I sanded, plastic primed, paint then clear coat.

It has held up for several months now no chipping. Can send pic on request.

just FYI it breaks VERY easily, take your time and be gentle.

Last edited:

xxiaze

Sand it, plastic prime it, paint it, clear coat it.

be very cautious while removing it. 6 plastic pull up tabs.... work around with a small screw driver, take your time. Easy! IF IT DOES BREAK epoxy it back together then sand out the glue. Then follow through with painting process.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Sand it, plastic prime it, paint it, clear coat it.

be very cautious while removing it. 6 plastic pull up tabs.... work around with a small screw driver, take your time. Easy! IF IT DOES BREAK epoxy it back together then sand out the glue. Then follow through with painting process.
Why not use plastic trim sticks so you don't scratch or mar the cup holder assembly?[wrenchin]

xxiaze

Why not use plastic trim sticks so you don't scratch or mar the cup holder assembly?[wrenchin]
I attempted to use trim removal wedges and plastic pullers and wedges but none of the ones I had were ridged enough and/or too thick. I ended up, by necessity, having to use micro screwdrivers and smaller type flatheads to walk it all out. Used fingers once kinda free. Go watch @spoolieST on YouTube... you can watch him break his lol. You’ll understand by watching his hands, you can see the pressure needed for it to be removed.

Last edited: