Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Custom car grills

Spork1569

The grill is In the works for a Prototype with Matt @ Customcargrills. This will give us more options to choose from then just one that's able to be bought complete and just install and your ready to roll! Super stoked!
Hope it turns out looking good. I've been co sidering the zuntec lower grill but was kind of worried it wouldn't go very well with the stock honeycomb. What kind of design is the prototype?

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #22
It will be an assortment of choices I hope as they offer many different patterns and materials. Just gotta get the prototype done....he knows what the factory grill looks like and they have a similar pattern!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Se7eN

It will be an assortment of choices I hope as they offer many different patterns and materials. Just gotta get the prototype done....he knows what the factory grill looks like and they have a similar pattern!
So, that's the bottom grill. How about the top grill? I would love to get rid of the ugliness of it. Something like what the RS comes with would be cool. Cover the ugly metal bumper and leave an open space with some mesh

I can’t believe the Zunsport was $119 after I took it out of the box. Virtualronin has the right idea. 👌 Still want to see what you’re cooking up here though [shakehands]

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #26
I can’t believe the Zunsport was $119 after I took it out of the box. Virtualronin has the right idea. [emoji108] Still want to see what you’re cooking up here though [shakehands]
Exactly my point...and it says Zunesport on it.

Last edited:

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Could it really be as easy as this on an EVO? I mean, there are lots of different sizes available too really cheap, it's just that I've never had the front off yet but will in about a month when I go to put in my intercooler and would like to come up with a plan...I'm digging the black 6mm x 12mm black option HERE... Anyway, I know the lower grill pops out leaving just the support brackets behind, which is perfect, I'm sure the whole upper grill can pop right out from the back too? Is there any supports left behind when doing it that way?

1562103825548.png

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Could it really be as easy as this on an EVO? I mean, there are lots of different sizes available too really cheap, it's just that I've never had the front off yet but will in about a month when I go to put in my intercooler and would like to come up with a plan...I'm digging the black 6mm x 12mm black option HERE... Anyway, I know the lower grill pops out leaving just the support brackets behind, which is perfect, I'm sure the whole upper grill can pop right out from the back too? Is there any supports left behind when doing it that way?
There are some tabs that retain the top grill. Some people have cut out the "grill" portion of the stock grill, just leaving the perimeter, and snap that back in for cosmetic reasons. There's a thread titled "Track Rat" or something similar where the owner of an awesome track day FiST did exactly that.

The back side of the bumper cover really doesn't offer much that you could attach mess to from the inside and the lower corners of the intercooler opening get pretty tight against a larger, aftermarket intercooler.

80989AFF-219C-4483-8E43-261BF362B17A.jpeg
This is a custom grill from Tucci Hotrods fiesta build. Anyone have any idea what material they used? I’m itching to get something like this on my car.

Found this webiste showing a lot of this build: https://www.motoroso.com/FordSEMA20...016-Fiesta-ST-By-Tucci-Hot-Rods#brand-profile
I actually need this diffuser and exhaust im gonna find someone to build it for me

green_henry

1000 Post Club
View attachment 21473
This is a custom grill from Tucci Hotrods fiesta build. Anyone have any idea what material they used? I’m itching to get something like this on my car.

Found this webiste showing a lot of this build: https://www.motoroso.com/FordSEMA20...016-Fiesta-ST-By-Tucci-Hot-Rods#brand-profile
I actually need this diffuser and exhaust im gonna find someone to build it for me
Looks cool, but I'd bet that one dragonfly would be the end of that grill material. ;)

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #34
I am in contact with Customcargrills to get a lower one Fabricated for the FiST community BTW. So its in the works and I am awaiting the outcome!

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've had dreams about that rear end, but this is what it looks like with its clothes off: https://www.motoroso.com/FordSEMA20...y-Tucci-Hot-Rods-–-Diffuser-Installation?ajax

That's not streetable - one little tap and $6000 of custom sheet metal and the portion the body that was cut out to make room for that lovely center exhaust will fail. That needs a heavy-duty crash bar to protect all the lovely bits. And, even then, the trailing lip of the diffuser is daring someone to buckle it when trying to parallel park or come to a controlled stock while checking their Insta.

These guys are out of business but they sold their crash bar jigs to someone (my money is on Ron): https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...-st-rear-crash-bar-test-fitting-teaser.15880/ . That crash bar might be a good start on which to base a center-mount exhaust and a little less aggressive diffuser that would be more street friendly.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
View attachment 21473

They replicated the center exhaust on the Mk8 WRC class team cars. [cool] [thumb]

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #40
Back to grill talk