Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GB Custom False Floors ( Mk7 ST )

Trader history for Jamscb (0)

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks for the kind words! Will update you on the progress later on today! Many thanks again!
I'm in. If I want them ASAP, how much do I owe you if I want to pay PayPal Goods and Services? Can you PM me your paypal email address with an estimated lead time?

Thanks!

Erick_V

Slight adjustment might be needed which would be very simple! Do you own one of these cages you could put your hands on for some measurements?
Unfortunately I do not. I know a couple forum members that do have them and maybe they would be willing to take the measurements that you need.

@Woods247 @TemecFist @AZSP33D

OP
J
Thread Starter #25
Sorry everybody who is Privately messaging me for the delays in replying due to the time difference, I hope you don’t think I’m being rude haha.
I will reply straight away now 🙏

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
mine came today. haven't had a chance to unpack
Mine literally showed up as I posted that via DHL. Package was in rough shape but the pieces look OK at first glance. Planning to mess with it tonight so can report back on fitment. The rear section looks different than what I would expect for the USDM cars but don't quote me yet.

CSM

1000 Post Club
Mine literally showed up as I posted that via DHL. Package was in rough shape but the pieces look OK at first glance. Planning to mess with it tonight so can report back on fitment. The rear section looks different than what I would expect for the USDM cars but don't quote me yet.
Awesome, keep us posted and post photos if you can.

I am going to maybe mess with it this weekend, we will see if I have time

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Awesome, keep us posted and post photos if you can.

I am going to maybe mess with it this weekend, we will see if I have time
I would hold off on even messing with yours just yet. The fitment is pretty bad. I am writing out my response to James and will copy/paste it here once I am done.

He also sent me a PM regarding the rear cup holder needing to be removed (which I figured out pretty quick upon beginning the install), which is unfortunate because if this was optimized for the USDM fiesta it could have been left in. He also mentioned some units had the bottom carpeted accidentally instead of the top. Mine wasn't affected by this but there are enough issues with it that I won't be using it in it's current state. Also my rear doors won't fully close and it squeaks like hell.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Removing comments to give James a chance to make this right.

If you have one of these and you have installed it, please take photos and post them. He claims that he has sent 20 of these to the states and I am the first issue.

Photos of fitment with cupholder removed:
IMG_0552.jpeg IMG_0561.jpeg IMG_0573.jpeg IMG_0574.jpeg IMG_0576.jpeg IMG_0577.jpeg IMG_0578.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

Erick_V

I received an upside down rear piece and he has reached out to me to rectify the situation. What I find odd is the rectangular piece on the underside of yours. I don't have that and I wonder why? Mine touches the floor but the gap for the plastics is just like yours. Also my door situation is similar but mine doesn't squeak. I'm trying to figure out how to go about this.

Edit: wanted to clarify. Not the rectangular piece that goes over the "U-hooks", the larger ones closer to the door

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I received an upside down rear piece and he has reached out to me to rectify the situation. What I find odd is the rectangular piece on the underside of yours. I don't have that and I wonder why? Mine touches the floor but the gap for the plastics is just like yours. Also my door situation is similar but mine doesn't squeak. I'm trying to figure out how to go about this.

Edit: wanted to clarify. Not the rectangular piece that goes over the "U-hooks", the larger ones closer to the door
You had to remove rear cupholder correct?

Erick_V

@JDG Keep in mind my back piece was carpeted backward which is why the wood is face up

Attachments

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks - your fitment around the plastic interior trim looks a bit better than mine. Do the sides make contact with your rear doors such that you have to slam them closed? And still no rattles or squeaking? It sounds like I just got a bad batch.

Erick_V

Its tight for sure, I do have to shut them with force but it only squeaked like once. I think the majority of the fitment issue is how it sits in the indent of the rear tub. When I flip the carpet I may try cutting some material off so that it sits more flush. I was hoping there would be more space than there was behind the driver seat. I had a gallon of distilled water sitting around and it just barely slides in there. I'm not even that big of a guy (6'0 165lbs)

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Its tight for sure, I do have to shut them with force but it only squeaked like once. I think the majority of the fitment issue is how it sits in the indent of the rear tub. When I flip the carpet I may try cutting some material off so that it sits more flush. I was hoping there would be more space than there was behind the driver seat. I had a gallon of distilled water sitting around and it just barely slides in there. I'm not even that big of a guy (6'0 165lbs)
Yeah, same issue here. It looks like the front piece could have been 6" shorter in length so the vertical piece lines up with the rear most portion of the passenger footwell to maximize that space behind the front seats for storage.

Shouldn’t call them false floors, I’d call them seat blanks. That’s a fantastic product though, Technically it IS a floor 🤷🏻‍♂️