Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cyborg turbo mod?

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club

"Tom" is getting there :)
Taking longer than I thought, been doing 2-3 hours a day vs 10+ at once..

Rhinopolis

Yes i believe this weekend should be a go. unless shit hits the fan. [MENTION=3178]maperformance[/MENTION]. my worry right now is the turbo outlet hose blowing off during a WOT pull. ive lost all faith in this component
How much power are you making!? Do you have a virtual dyno with your current setup?

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
How much power are you making!? Do you have a virtual dyno with your current setup?
The tuning process has started the car from a less powerfull begining and we are ramping up the power as we progress. I plan on posting the vdyno info after the car is at its completed state. Although i have been looking at the logs on the dyno and its a nice safe progression. I just wanted to thank Adam [MENTION=3178]maperformance[/MENTION] for his work thus far.

Rhinopolis

I am interested in the cyborg turbo and will be checking out your results, and sounds like you are enjoying things so far. Congrats!

[MENTION=3178]maperformance[/MENTION]
I'm waiting on my DHM race FMIC but I'll have you do an E30 tune for me. I'm the one that has the external wastegate on factory manifold (all of Sourskittles "Dusty" photos!).. excited to get it done!

maperformance

I've logged 29lbs per min on my car with it in the cooler months ;)
I calibrated my virtual dyno to my in house dynojet and his car is making about 280whp right now on 93.

[MENTION=3178]maperformance[/MENTION]
I'm waiting on my DHM race FMIC but I'll have you do an E30 tune for me. I'm the one that has the external wastegate on factory manifold (all of Sourskittles "Dusty" photos!).. excited to get it done!
Sounds good, we can make some good power with E30 on this turbo. Pretty fun stuff.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I calibrated my virtual dyno to my in house dynojet and his car is making about 280whp right now on 93.

Sounds good, we can make some good power with E30 on this turbo. Pretty fun stuff.

[MENTION=40]lessard.dcj[/MENTION] is making 280whp on vDyno?

maperformance

[MENTION=40]lessard.dcj[/MENTION] is making 280whp on vDyno?
That is what it is saying, but you can never take Vdyno information too accurate. If you use the settings that are shared online you get VERY low numbers (close to stock) which is inaccurate. That is why I chose to play with the VDyno settings until it matched up to my DynoJet. It was making 243 when we started, so whatever it was at before it is now 37whp up with my tune.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
That is what it is saying, but you can never take Vdyno information too accurate. If you use the settings that are shared online you get VERY low numbers (close to stock) which is inaccurate. That is why I chose to play with the VDyno settings until it matched up to my DynoJet. It was making 243 when we started, so whatever it was at before it is now 37whp up with my tune.
That's awesome!

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
#1 no one believed me when I said I wasn't a pro tuner? Lol.
#2 that sure makes me look bad, tuner wise, lol.
#3 that is scary good. That means in cool weather, Dusty's should do a little better with the DHM big intercooler and E30 is game changing to me at least. I'm excited for him.

And one more small, but maybe worth noting thing... This is Rick's old turbo. The first cyborg turbo ever built. Its really close to what we build now, but our version 2.0 has a good amount more turbine wheel clip with no change in spool up, meaning it can make slightly more power in the upper rpm range.

With this El Paso heat I really don't want to install the cyborg until I get the DHM race IC. We do have E85 here so I was hoping the "4 lobe" fuel cam was a viable fix but I'm reading all kinds of high rpm problems with that idea. So now I'm looking at Stratified Xtra Fuel System ($900) for some help but it's for the 2.0; going to wait and see if they make one for the 1.6

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
With this El Paso heat I really don't want to install the cyborg until I get the DHM race IC. We do have E85 here so I was hoping the "4 lobe" fuel cam was a viable fix but I'm reading all kinds of high rpm problems with that idea. So now I'm looking at Stratified Xtra Fuel System ($900) for some help but it's for the 2.0; going to wait and see if they make one for the 1.6
Russ was supposed to looking at building a system for this, but I'm not sure if he's so busy that its on the back burner or not...

The race IC should be good enough... I'm going to weld a bung on the cold side incase I do go with a meth set up for a fueling fix...

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Russ was supposed to looking at building a system for this, but I'm not sure if he's so busy that its on the back burner or not...
It is not on the back burner it should be out rather soon for beta testing of some sort and Yes VP race gas can be shipped to your door or find a race track that sell that or Sunoco unleaded race fuel ..

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
There were a few people interested in my Cyborg and I can't remember who you are for sure... PM me, it's been uninstalled and it's sitting in a box. In the next day or so, I'll put it up for sale.