Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Deals from the UK given current exchange rate?

The US dollar is at a ten year high vs Sterling so I am wondering if there are any upgrades I should be considering from the UK? I wasn't planning on coil-overs right away, but the Meister R's in this thread looks pretty good: Meister-Rs

Any other thoughts on upgrades from UK suppliers? I feel like there are a lot of Fiesta tuners in the UK and I suspect some nice kit which may be more attainable now if the shipping costs are reasonable.

Jim

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
Pumaspeed X37...
Now I am looking at Pumaspeed's website and considering all sorts of options [tongue]

Any idea how long it takes stuff from them to show up on our shores? I am thinking I need to be present to sign for stuff since there'll be duty due on it when FedEx shows up if I go that route.

Took 2 days to arrive from the day it shipped. They ship DHL... I left a note at my door and they left it for me.

fST

Well, the Euro Projector headlights are now about $615 shipped from fordpartsuk.com...They were over $800 a couple of years ago.

Well, the Euro Projector headlights are now about $615 shipped from fordpartsuk.com...They were over $800 a couple of years ago.
Would you be willing to link the correct part to the thread. I'm still very new at what models in the UK are equivalent to what models in the US. Thank you.

fST

Would you be willing to link the correct part to the thread. I'm still very new at what models in the UK are equivalent to what models in the US. Thank you.
Sure!

The following are the part numbers and description for the OEM Euro Projector Headlamps with LED DRLs that fit on 2014-current year US FiSTs:

- 2014 Fiesta-Projector Headlamp Assy With LED RH (LHD) Part Number: 1895781
- 2014 Fiesta-Projector Headlamp Assy With LED LH (LHD)Part Number: 1895784

I copied and pasted the above to a message to fordpartsuk.com and the quote comes to 448.86 british pounds or whatever their currency is. 189.43 for each headlamp and 70.00 for shipping.

I'd wait a little bit longer since the pound is going drop more since they left the european union

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Pumaspeed x-37 Hybrid Turbo Install

Get em direct from the UK while they're hot!

That price is probably gonna keep dropping over the next few weeks.

Scent from Glade Air Freshener

The exchange rate isn't exactly amazingly good. It was almost as low in Feb: http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=USD&view=1Y, and another time back in the midst of the recession. You have about 7% more buying power than immediately before the vote, and there was a runup just before too.

448 british pounds is $612: http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=448&From=GBP&To=USD

If anything, rather than seeking a deal you might feel better just sending them some business at a time that their country is going kookoo for a bit.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I've been eyeing up an intercooler for a while but the DEPO Racing is out of stock and will be for another month plus.

That's where the MTC unit comes back in to play - I believe they're damn near identical in aesthetics and performance.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/MTC-MOTORSPORT-FORD-FIESTA-ST-INTERCOOLER-ST180-ECO-BOOST-MK7-FRONT-MOUNT-FMIC-/261983493972

EDIT - there was one available yesterday - looks like it's gone now. Hopefully he'll restock.

I'd wait a little bit longer since the pound is going drop more since they left the european union
Careful, they haven't actually left the EU. This was a vote to gauge the opinion of the population and if and when the Government starts the pullout, it will take several years to complete. There is a procedure to separate and the Government could ignore this vote (suicidal, I think) and not actually leave.

I think the short term currency hit could reverse itself after the shock wears off and reality sets in.