dear gearbox, please stop clunking

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Member ID
HELLO ALL, HAVENT BEEN ON A WHILE

but i just want to let you guys know or anybody who has the same problem in the future.
i went to 5 different ford dealer and they will say the same thing, they all say it is normal blah blah blah.

i havent notice the clunking noise that much or at all anymore. probably was just my OCD kicked in.
i did put boomba shift plate and cobb RMM, they really helped a TON with that noise.
hope this helps
I recently installed the Cobb Rmm+ boomba transmission bushings and adpter, the noise is much much worse now, almost makes me not want to drive it. When I am going from 1-2 or -2-3, when I release the clutch it kind of feels like somethings not connecting or that its connecting but not fully, so the car shakes front to back a little bit, kind of when u shift too early and there's not enough torque or something. Have read many threads and no tranny oil change no bushing or adapter can fix this issue. You either live with it or sell the car. [shameful]

Member ID
I recently installed the Cobb Rmm+ boomba transmission bushings and adpter, the noise is much much worse now, almost makes me not want to drive it. When I am going from 1-2 or -2-3, when I release the clutch it kind of feels like somethings not connecting or that its connecting but not fully, so the car shakes front to back a little bit, kind of when u shift too early and there's not enough torque or something. Have read many threads and no tranny oil change no bushing or adapter can fix this issue. You either live with it or sell the car. [shameful]
I never had an issue with shifting noise... Then I installed the Cobb rmm and I think because it's stiffer something sort of rattles now when I'm slipping the clutch into 1 or 1-2 and 2-3. It seems fairly common now tho, I used to worry but I heard if it doesn't make noise when the clutch is all the way in and no gas it's prob just the flywheel?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Member ID
Mine also started clunking early on...put in a trans short throw adapter by Fswerks and a RMM from Boomba....never looked back and noise isn't there anymore...wierd. and the dealer I brought mine to was quick to dismiss me and say it's normal. So I Said screw and started to Mod.[driving]

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Member ID
Mine also started clunking early on...put in a trans short throw adapter by Fswerks and a RMM from Boomba....never looked back and noise isn't there anymore...wierd. and the dealer I brought mine to was quick to dismiss me and say it's normal. So I Said screw and started to Mod.[driving]
Lucky you, I have a similar setup+transmission bushings and it did not improve it. I took it all apart and I've narrowed it down to the plate (where the adpter attaches to) it's the culprit, it moves around without any effort. It's to loose, so when u make the shift and release the clutch it has some play, also doesn't help that the adpter is weighted imo

Member ID
So while my whole debacle ab the clunking coming from the rear of my car is finally! Finished, after the whole rear of the car was replaced, shocks, bushings, Springs, and even the rear hatch latch lol that rhymed anyways come to find out there is a bracket to the right of the muffler or tips that the muffler kept hitting. Well my whole point to this was I found out that BEFORE I bought the car some warranty work was done that consisted of replacing 1. Flywheel. 2. Clutch disk. 3. Clutch slave cylinder. That happened at 23miles and I was never made aware. I was printed a "history" log and a sheet about all my codes were, like the engine code, axle code, paint code. JUST SO YOU GUYS KNOW and I wish I knew how I could take a picture of the paper to show you but the name of my paint is Spirit Blue, not Performance blue. So not understanding. But with all the clutch components and Flywheel replaced maybe that is what all the problems are because my trans is pretty quite other than the normal sounds of shifting gears. Maybe have your's looked at? And spirit blue? Thought that was UK?

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Member ID
I would not waste my time with stealerships, to them anything that's an issue for u, is all a normality for them?????????????????? but spirit blue does sound kid of cool

Member ID
Lucky you, I have a similar setup+transmission bushings and it did not improve it. I took it all apart and I've narrowed it down to the plate (where the adpter attaches to) it's the culprit, it moves around without any effort. It's to loose, so when u make the shift and release the clutch it has some play, also doesn't help that the adpter is weighted imo
Did my post about my shifting noise sound like urs? Do u think mine sounds like the plate as well?! What's the fix?

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Member ID
Did my post about my shifting noise sound like urs? Do u think mine sounds like the plate as well?! What's the fix?
TBH I can't tell very well from your video and there really isn't any real fix because the plate is attached by some weird assembly , u could ask your dealer but they would never look at 'one' spot that you or anyone else would pin point to them.

Member ID
Mine does the same exact thing there are two distinct noises. One is the linkage and the second occurs upon releasing the clutch.
I am getting a noise too, I notice it when doing clutch work say when I park up at work where I swing left then reverse up to a wall, I hear a weird noise but it's all gone when in neutral and foot off clutch and nothing comes from revving the engine in neutral. But today I started the car up bone cold to go clean it in my lunch break and while going along in 1st foot off the clutch I could hear the same noise as I went over the uneven concrete..... I think it maybe an engine mount....!!??

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk