Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Debating Upper Motor Mounts

Hey all,

So I just installed a Whoosh Street-Spec Hybrid RMM and absolutely love it. Vibrations are barely noticeable and it hasn't even broken in yet which is great. I have experience with adding RMMs and most times they break in at around 300-500 or upwards of 1000 miles and vibrations tend to settle down. This one's vibrations are like .5 on a 0-5 scale lol.

Anyway, while I love the performance of the Whoosh RMM, I'm debating going with the Vibra-Technics fast road upper mounts as well, but I'm afraid of ruining the car with NVH. I have nightmares of the time I added a Turbo Technics passenger mount to my mk3 Focus ST because that thing made the vibrations horrible - easily my worst motor mount experience. While performance was great, it just wasn't practical.

Those with all three mounts, can you please chime in with your experience? I've done some searching throughout the forum and mostly found that all three mounts, assuming you don't go too stiff, really don't add crazy NVH. I'd love to have this thread dedicated to responses from experience with all three mounts replaced.

4nscguy

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
I have all three Vibra technics mounts on my 2019. I don’t have any unusual NVH. They were all pretty easy to install also.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Last edited:

SrsBsns

I have the powerflex inserts on the upper mounts (race version) and a Mountune RMM. Car is definitely stiffer but I wouldn't say that there is any negative NVH that came with it. I would highly recommend them.

They didn't make as big of a difference as the RMM, but you could really tell the difference before and after installation. I recommend doing the mounts.

OP
blongo804
Thread Starter #5
I have all three Vibra technics mounts on my 2019. I don’t have any unusual NVH. They were all pretty easy to install also.
Awesome to hear! I'm guessing by no unusual NVH, you mean your whole car doesn't sound like it's going to rattle apart pulling out in 1st? lol
Ditto* I also have a DIY on all 3 Vibratechnics mounts also....FYI.

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...rans-mount-rmm-diy-install.22910/#post-419533

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Saw your thread and definitely appreciate that!

I have the powerflex inserts on the upper mounts (race version) and a Mountune RMM. Car is definitely stiffer but I wouldn't say that there is any negative NVH that came with it. I would highly recommend them.

They didn't make as big of a difference as the RMM, but you could really tell the difference before and after installation. I recommend doing the mounts.
Thank you for your thoughts as well! Sounds like this is a no-brainer. I have a few chassis braces (6 point front brace, front upper strut bar, rear torsion bar) already as well, so I have a feeling the upper mounts will make the car super solid feeling all around.

4nscguy

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
It is actually fairly quit to drive around. I have a 4 point lower, mid brace, front/rear strut braces, torsion brace, and front rear sway bars. I think the mounts compliment the suspension bracing well.

OP
blongo804
Thread Starter #7
It is actually fairly quit to drive around. I have a 4 point lower, mid brace, front/rear strut braces, torsion brace, and front rear sway bars. I think the mounts compliment the suspension bracing well.
Nice! So you have a similar setup to me as well. Glad you caught the thread and chimed in.

I think it's time to pull the trigger.

Meckbot

U.S. Army Veteran
I have the Vobb RMM and Powerflex street inserts. Inserts just recentlu broke in. A tank of gas or two ago they vibrated the left inner area of the car. Now its gone away and barely noticable.

Car hooks up better, tracks better over bump, and power is going down solidly to the ground. If you havent Id also lool at a 2-4 point front gusset mount if torque steer is your main concern.

I have Turbo Tech Racing engine and trans mounts. I don't mind since my car is a track car, but if you want to avoid NVH, you should skip that one. They basically feel like solid mounts.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Fast Road VIBRA-TECHNICS All the way around. Good happy medium....IMO. Just about anything is better than mooshy stock mounts.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

OP
blongo804
Thread Starter #12
Figured I'd actually update the thread. Went with AWR 70a passenger and trans mounts! I absolutely love them. I believe I just finished my first tank of gas with them, however many miles that was, and they're very much more broken in than when initially installed. Performance has not decreased whatsoever which is the best part. Made a longer post, with pics, on the "what did you do today" thread:

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...our-fiesta-st-today.1441/page-648#post-476275

Ford Community Posts