Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is upgrade from 2015 My Touch to Upper channels Sirius XM possible?

gizmofist

I am looking to see if I can upgrade my 2015 Ford Fiesta ST to the newer Sync 3 upgrade. I know this is possible, but I am primarily looking to upgrade the Sirius/XM tuner so it can receive channels higher than 180. Local installer says no, that I need to replace the CD slot as well, because that's part of the XM tuner. Can this be done using a 2016 or newer Ford radio parts or by an aftermarket solution? I know I can use my phone for Sirius/XM, I'd rather have it built in. Thanks all.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
If all the modules didn't talk to each other the path would be a lot more certain, concrete with simple hardware swaps.

Even replacing with identical hardware like a BCM for example, to minimize the potential for issues you're supposed to backup the settings and flash code from the existing BCM, before replacing it and uploading original flash code and settings.

But I think all that up front primarily involves swapping the display, hood trim, and APIM. Assuming 100% connector compatibility it'll be the programming that is the issue.