Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Defective Mishimoto Version 1 Catch Can

So my bracket had broke on my mishimoto catch can and had the can resting on the alternator for a good while. Cut a good grove in it, surprised it did not start leaking! Anyways I am surprised I have to pay an additional $30 for a "warranty shipping fee" on top of already spending $200 on the catch can... I think mishimoto should own up to their defective version 1 catch can and supply us with their verison 2 at no cost. I brought this problem up on some facebook fiesta st groups and I am not the only one that has had this problem! If it happens again I will be sure to source a catch can from another company. Also I think this is the first and last product I buy from mishimoto...

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Mishi has a history of shady products, lying customer service and selling junk. Many, many posts on Mishi on the forum. The BBB says run like hell from them! I am amazed how many people still buy anything from them!

OP
KonaBlueFiST
Thread Starter #3
Mishi has a history of shady products, lying customer service and selling junk. Many, many posts on Mishi on the forum. The BBB says run like hell from them! I am amazed how many people still buy anything from them!
ya you are definitely right. I actually never ventured far enough out to look them up on BBB.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
This is why I suggest people by a Damond OCC even though they have an "updated " bracket....I'd still avoid due to poor customer service.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I was actually looking at that one today. Is there an install guide available somewhere? And what does the VTA do, is it worth getting? How about the hose sleeves? Thanks.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Go with the Damond.....plug and play means if the dealer thinks it is causing a problem it can be easily disconnected. It is easy to install and empty as long as you don't have huge hands! Had mine 3 years and never any hose issues. Great folks there too!

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Though the mishi I swear cought more oil. Idk. I replaced it with a damond too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk