Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mishimoto radiator and fan shroud

OP
J
Thread Starter #3
The lil green droplet is coolant. It has been seeping out where from the rubber edge of the fan shroud connects to the radiator for a while now.

As I discovered with my Mountune radiator there are lots of coolant hoses on the front of the engine in close proximity to the fan shroud. With mine the thicker 3 pass radiator had some ribs on the shroud rubbing against the coolant hose from the bottom of the resevior. It took some finagling to get the hose clamp off at the junction over the thermostat and a 108 dollar assembly to get the require molded hose but it's now leak free. BTW, replacing the entire hose assembly would have required removing the entire fan shroud so I chose to just replace the damaged hose. Note a friend who still has full use of his hands was able to position a wire tie so that the fan shroud is well clear of any hoses on the engine.

Anyhow I expect that if you closely examine the coolant hoses in the find of your engine you will find that leak. As for replacing the damaged hose I'm willing to bet that you'll wish these cars were built like cars back in the 70's and 80's with good service access. Had a 1976 Honda Civic and when the timing belt broke it was a 1/2 hour job to install the new one. The inner fender liner had plugs covering access holes for every single bolt on the timing cover.

haste

1000 Post Club
As I discovered with my Mountune radiator there are lots of coolant hoses on the front of the engine in close proximity to the fan shroud. With mine the thicker 3 pass radiator had some ribs on the shroud rubbing against the coolant hose from the bottom of the resevior. It took some finagling to get the hose clamp off at the junction over the thermostat and a 108 dollar assembly to get the require molded hose but it's now leak free. BTW, replacing the entire hose assembly would have required removing the entire fan shroud so I chose to just replace the damaged hose. Note a friend who still has full use of his hands was able to position a wire tie so that the fan shroud is well clear of any hoses on the engine.
This. I installed protection devices such as silicon hoses over other hoses and tie straps in several areas around my mishimoto radiator during the install to prevent damage from rubbing. Radiator has been in my car since 9/2016 with no leaks.