Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DeMuro vid "10 best cars under $20k"

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Demuro does a thorough review, that voice takes asking the big guy for forgiveness a few times though.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
12:23 mark he says, "..... I'm so glad they're gone ....." wait... full stop... WHAT!?

Alright fellas. Let's find out where this guy lives, form a pitch fork mob, and string him up by his tonsils. 😉

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
12:23 mark he says, "..... I'm so glad they're gone ....." wait... full stop... WHAT!?

Alright fellas. Let's find out where this guy lives, form a pitch fork mob, and string him up by his tonsils. 😉
I didn't quite understand that either, maybe he misspoke, but considering his glowing praise, it's irrelevant.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
@gtx3076 - In context, I think he was just appreciative of Ford's decision to go 'BIG *ONLY*' in order to remain financially viable. Personally, I'm not buying the explanation that they're selling. But that's a subject that we've already beat upon and would take us off-topic for this thread.

@akiraproject24 - Might've been thinking of the Festiva or Aspire... or perhaps just wishful thinking... or maybe he saw one that was wrecked.

anticon

I was watching the Donut media video on Fiestas and they mentioned the 2008 financial crisis as an impetus for us getting compact cars and the Fiesta finally back in the U.S. I guess at least we got that out of it. Who knows, maybe if another crash comes with the high gas prices, maybe we'll see them again.

I was watching the Donut media video on Fiestas and they mentioned the 2008 financial crisis as an impetus for us getting compact cars and the Fiesta finally back in the U.S. I guess at least we got that out of it. Who knows, maybe if another crash comes with the high gas prices, maybe we'll see them again.
Im hoping that the likes of Hyundai with their N\N-Line as well as refreshed GT-86 not to mention a rumored GR Corolla hatch makes the likes of Ford reverse their getting out of these segments decisions in a few years.

When I was watching the video yesterday, and he suggested the Subaru WRX, I told myself "Well, where's the Fiesta ST? The little hot hatch that's loved almost universally and for sure can be found for less than $20k"

I guess he heard me as it was inserted right in there and out of order, even if the WRX was considered as an Impreza :p:p:p

anticon

@ what price would you give it up?

The price I'd set would basically be a non-starter... like 40 or 50k...
Ha! That makes me wonder when and if these will approach that value? 2030, 2050, 2120? I can see gas powered cars being outlawed on the roads at some point. Then what purpose would these serve as collectors?

dhminer

2000 Post Club
@gtx3076 - In context, I think he was just appreciative of Ford's decision to go 'BIG *ONLY*' in order to remain financially viable. Personally, I'm not buying the explanation that they're selling. But that's a subject that we've already beat upon and would take us off-topic for this thread.

@akiraproject24 - Might've been thinking of the Festiva or Aspire... or perhaps just wishful thinking... or maybe he saw one that was wrecked.
I absolutely believe it’s due to financial reasons. Sell only the products that generate high volume/high margin. Every CFO would push for the same. That’s why good CEOs ask the CFO for advice but ignore them most of the time.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
*HIGHER* being the key word. They're content to leave that money to other manufacturers. So when this gig is up, that's where I'll be... with other manufacturers.