Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Individual vs global ignition corrections

Stkid93

Premium Account
Does anyone know exactly what global ignition correction is? I assume it’s all 4 cylinders put into 1 reading so you can free up the accessport for other readings and don’t need to have 4 of your datapoints taken up by all 4 individual corrections. And I assume if you are on global and any of the cylinders have corrections it will show up on global:

but I have read on a post where someone said not to use the global reading as it doesn’t work well or something? Or it won’t pick up corrections from the cylinders every time? I can’t remember exactly what they said.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I've assumed global is the sum of all cylinders as well, which I don't see a much benefit because corrections are done all the time. I monitor each one individually. Again, I don't actively watch them, but I will check them on occasion just to check in on the car. Plus, a -1 correction vs -4 correction won't be seen by a global count.