Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Difficult time with shop fitting Eibach Pro kit

This is a bit of a long story with me asking Ford dealer to fit Eibach springs to my car. This is a 19 ST with pretty low milage, 20 000km

First time I got it back but they broke the top suspension mount bearing with the excuse its not uncommon when taking it a part. But even if they say it's common they didn't warn or order the parts beforehand.
Instead they put the car back together in a state that's not good to drive and I had to wait 3 weeks for the part and pay for the work one more time.

Today they would finally change the parts and get everything back. So they do and the put the car back together again. After that they call me and say the springs doesn't fit, says its to wide and hit the chassis somewhere.

Now they want to put back original springs again and me to pay for the work a third time.

There are so many things wrong here in communication and what they decide to do. And how did they not see the spring didn't fit the first time?

So I'm trying to figure out what is wrong here, did they somehow put the mounts wrong, or mix up the sides. I'm not really sure if that's possible or not.

The Kit I have is the Pro Kit, specifically E10-35-046-01-22. All the information I can find say it should be right and all the stores sells this kit for my car. Nowhere anyone seem to have a problem.

Anyone have any idea what could have happened here?

Also is this the same kit they send if you buy from Ford them selves? I sent them an email in hope to get confirmation its the right springs and should fit.

I'm not sure what to do about my car now, like I don't trust this dealer anymore but I also wish they find they made a misstake. And exactly how bad it would be to drive it to another shop is difficult to know without seeing.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
They still sold the Mk7/7.5 FiST in your country in 2019?

I always though that ALL of Europe/rest of world got the Mk8 from 2017 model year on, and only we here in North America got the left over/remaining Mk7s. [???:)]

OP
Jbnn
Thread Starter #3
Well I seen it gets confusing sometimes when I look for parts online. Some call it mk7 some call it mk8 it is the new one and the springs are for the new one. I think they call it MK8 in UK but not in Europe.

Either way the springs are not for the old generation. Its For the 1.5l ST, JHH model code. So that's not the issue.

I didn't get reply from the shop yet after yesterday but I got confirmation and document from Eibach it's the right kit. I wish I had picture on the springs because in my mind the only thing that would be the problem from my side is if it was the wrong springs in the right packaging.
I'm quite sure I checked them but it was over a year ago I bought them. Also it would be a very big coincidence if it would really be the wrong springs but they still fit well enough to continue working with them and not notice the first time they put it on.

Last edited:
OP
Jbnn

Jbnn

Thread Starter #4
The issue was resolved.

After I sent them emails with document from Eibach with the specifications of the springs, part numbers and proof that they should fit. They never answered my emails but I got call yesterday, was preparing for more arguments, but instead they said it was finished. They had fitted the springs the wrong way, upside down. They said it they put them on so the text on the springs was right side up. Understandable mistake for an amateur but not really for a Ford dealer. Now I check the original springs and can see there is a small difference on which way you put it, I need to ask them if they only changed the fronts or also the back

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Well I seen it gets confusing sometimes when I look for parts online. Some call it mk7 some call it mk8 it is the new one and the springs are for the new one. I think they call it MK8 in UK but not in Europe.

Either way the springs are not for the old generation. Its For the 1.5l ST, JHH model code. So that's not the issue.

I didn't get reply from the shop yet after yesterday but I got confirmation and document from Eibach it's the right kit. I wish I had picture on the springs because in my mind the only thing that would be the problem from my side is if it was the wrong springs in the right packaging.
I'm quite sure I checked them but it was over a year ago I bought them. Also it would be a very big coincidence if it would really be the wrong springs but they still fit well enough to continue working with them and not notice the first time they put it on.
It was hard to tell from your avatar pic whether that was what we call a Mk7.5 FiST or a Mk8 Euro/rest of world only FiST, but I thought that you had what we call a Mk7.5 since you are asking on a forum mostly about the ONLY model run we (and most on this forum) ever got here.

Yes, your spring setup on that car is very different (especially the rear springs) than ours.