Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DIY fix for sagging rear shelf

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I must be one of the few, I just took mine out when my car had like 100 miles on the clock lol. Just gets in the way.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Interesting fix. Personally mine is perfectly straight, but I don't put things on top of it so that might be why it doesn't have flex issues.

Also the panels that hold the string on the sides have very cheap flimsy hooks. Looking at mine and they already show white as if they might break off someday. So any extra weight, even the aluminum bar might stress it too much, IDK

This is a timely thread. My car is a 2019 with barely 6000 miles on it and I looked at the rear hatch shelf yesterday and noticed the sag.....I don't think there's even ever been any weight on it :-(. I guess this is a small demonstration of its humble mega econo car roots, LOL

Anybody selling their rear shelf, by any chance? I am going to post in the classified forum as well, but I figured I'd ask here since a few people mentioned removing theirs. :) I have a 2014, don't know if the fit is the same across all years though.