Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DIY immobiliser install/wiring diagrams

mick1199

Hi all, I’m new to this forum and can’t really tell if it’s still very active or not, or whether I’m posting this in the right place. That said, it’s a shot in the dark but I’m wondering if anyone has managed to do a DIY self-install of an immobiliser or tracker, or if they know of anyone that has?

Since we all probably know that the Fiesta’s are prone to being nicked, and I plan on doing a fair few other modifications to mine which will probably just make it even more of a target, I’d like to invest in some peace of mind and install an immobiliser of some sort. I’m thinking the Viper 106v Cat 2 immobiliser, it seems like an older unit now but I’ve heard good things, whereas some of the other pricier options like Autowatch Ghost are apparently a lot easier to defeat and also mess with tuning and maps, something I plan on doing to my car in the not so distant future.

Anyhow, I’ve got some experience of fitting trackers and immobilisers when I was an apprentice mechanic, albeit on BMWs and I’m begrudged paying someone £200+ to fit something I could probably have a decent crack at myself if I had the right information. I can’t imagine the process will be that difficult but finding some guidance is always useful. Not to mention I can’t find any straightforward wiring diagrams of the starter and ignition wiring as well as the wiring for the fuel pump relay. Most guides I see where people are wiring stuff in it’s usually plug and play, piggybacking off the fuse box whereas I’m going to have to cut and crimp some wires. I’m tempted to just buy an online service booklet for the Fiesta ST and see if I can find the diagrams in there.

Any information would be a big help. Cheers!