Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DIY interior bulb replacement/upgrade/install (pics)

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #21
Hey, I just wanted to say thanks for this guide. I just finished installing led's in my car, and I couldn't have done it without this. It was super helpful.
Very glad it helped!

I'd also like to thank you for the writeup. Only got caught up with reassembling the rear dome light back together as I was casually working on it in the warmth of my house watching a movie and i didn't pay attention when i was taking it apart.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Thanks for the guide. I was amazed at how many of the diodes worked (nearly all) without having to flip them around. (maybe I should go play the lotto) I had noticed that number of folks in the Amazon reviews were claiming that ~around~ half of them didn't work, which is more in line with the law of averages. Perhaps they should label their boxes better. Diodes, unlike filaments, are sensitive to polarity.

It's interesting how much of the light that they intentionally 100% block up front for the 2016. Only a single LED lamp is left exposed, out of the entire "bulb". The Yorkims don't truly fit the glove box light, but there is at least enough of a contact to light up the LED.

[MENTION=4324]flat_lander[/MENTION] - Thanks for the foil idea on the rear center lamp. Foil tape, which I already have a big roll of, works even better.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
I'd also like to thank you for the writeup. Only got caught up with reassembling the rear dome light back together as I was casually working on it in the warmth of my house watching a movie and i didn't pay attention when i was taking it apart.
Thanks for the guide. I was amazed at how many of the diodes worked (nearly all) without having to flip them around. (maybe I should go play the lotto) I had noticed that number of folks in the Amazon reviews were claiming that ~around~ half of them didn't work, which is more in line with the law of averages. Perhaps they should label their boxes better. Diodes, unlike filaments, are sensitive to polarity.

It's interesting how much of the light that they intentionally 100% block up front for the 2016. Only a single LED lamp is left exposed, out of the entire "bulb". The Yorkims don't truly fit the glove box light, but there is at least enough of a contact to light up the LED.

[MENTION=4324]flat_lander[/MENTION] - Thanks for the foil idea on the rear center lamp. Foil tape, which I already have a big roll of, works even better.
Hey guys glad to help. It's been 7 months and every Yorkim installed is still functioning properly. I think that 50% was due to user error!!

Intuit

3000 Post Club
The side marker lights that are apart of the headlamp assembly use these same bulbs. Went head and used two of the remaining three for those.

Don't personally care to to have brighter/whiter lamps for the license plate. License late scanners don't really rely on them anyway.

It seems my luck has run out. I did have to flip half of the exterior lights LoL.

Last edited:
Just want to say that you don't have to remove the back of the rear dome light to access the bulbs: you juste need to remove the plastic on the front and you'll have access to the center bulbs and the two round thingy will "fall off", then you just need to remove one screw each on those round thingy to have access to the bulbs.

Edit: I just saw that you wrote this in your write up. I was looking mostly at the pictures, sorry! I just thought it was easier by removing the front and since it has to be removed to change the center one, miggt as well do it like this.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Magnetic

I just got the front cabin LEDs installed on a non sunroof.

It's a SURGERY in case anyone is going to do it. Probably took me 45 MINUTES. But the end result is OH SO SWEET! Going to do the rear cabin lights when I get back from training tonight.

I feel that between the new headlight LEDs and the cabin lighting they car is like a 2021 car now. The lighting was really the thing that made the car look/feel cheap because of the yellow. This really modernized the car SUBSTANTIALLY.

Next are the Diode Dynamics White Sport Fogs from Whoosh. This is going to take this car to a whole new level.

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...014-2019-free-shipping?variant=31424473989259

I'm also going full underglow cuz it's time we BRING UNDERGLO BACK!!!

WHOS WITH ME?!